GoldenCAN Feed Question
    Hi,

GoldenCAN seems like a sure hit with those wanting datafeeds. I'm definitely interested in working with them. However, while browsing a few sample feeds on their site, I noticed that the returned data is in a table. I was wondering, can affiliates have access to the feed in xml or any other format? That way, we could style the item listings however we choose instead of settling for the GoldenCAN standard display which may not fit the style of our sites.

If this is possible, that'll be cool!

*** bump ***

Most of the Merchants can supply you with feeds through the networks. When you sign up at a network you'll have access to the datafeeds. Golden Can is a tool used to deliver the feeds to sites in a format to paste into a page (.js, ASP, PHP) to display products dynamically.
    You might want to check out the forum for Datafeed issues, just click on the big A in a triangle at the top of the page to view all the forums.
    And welcome to ABW!

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude-Dastic
    Hi,

GoldenCAN seems like a sure hit with those wanting datafeeds. I'm definitely interested in working with them. However, while browsing a few sample feeds on their site, I noticed that the returned data is in a table. I was wondering, can affiliates have access to the feed in xml or any other format? That way, we could style the item listings however we choose instead of settling for the GoldenCAN standard display which may not fit the style of our sites.

If this is possible, that'll be cool!
    GoldenCAN does not provide the raw data feed or in XML format. GoldenCAN coupon integration and recent price drops are available in RSS and XML format. We are working on some new templates to display the GoldenCAN data in different styles, if you have any special needs in displaying the data please send us the detail using the contact form and we can see if that feature can be implemented.
    http://www.goldencan.com/contact.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenCAN
    GoldenCAN does not provide the raw data feed or in XML format. GoldenCAN coupon integration and recent price drops are available in RSS and XML format. We are working on some new templates to display the GoldenCAN data in different styles...
    Thanks for the reply. Nice to know that you're working on some new templates. However, site designers would like to have greater control over the display. Suppose we wanted to make alterations to what GoldenCAN is delivering, or make a radical change in the display as opposed to settling on a few templates. That's what I'm talking about.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread