They have been down for almost a week now. Anyone using them for domain registrations? How do you renew your domains if they are down?

???

I bought a domain 4 days ago, and did my dns setting 2 days ago.

???

ABW Ambassador
    Me also. I purchased a new domain and updated a current one this week. I have not seen any downtime.

IamJaloppy

I just transfered one this morning.

The site is loading fine for me, but for some reason it's saying I dont own any domain names.

I've just been there and had no problems.. everything shows as it should.

BTW is this post 200,000?
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

Weird, I'm getting a 'Page Cannot be Displayed' message. Is there something wrong with my computer settings that prevents me from accessing the site?

Anyone know their support e-mail address?

Works fine here also.

I had a similar problem with one site not long ago. Try this:

- clear your cookies
    - clear your temporary internet files
    - try opening the page in another browser and see if it works

YOURsoft affiliate software
    Join YOURsoft "affiliate program for affiliate software"!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joey:
    The site is loading fine for me, but for some reason it's saying I dont own any domain names. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That happened to me a month ago. They consolidated my accounts, and I had to call to find out my log in information.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Use Dostster.com for all your domain registrations.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Use Dostster.com for all your domain registrations. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With Go Daddy you don't have to worry about spam. I signed up for a domain from dotster in the .biz rollout and got spammed with a bunch of other domain related offers (expired domain lists, domain auctions, etc.)

Kip

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kip:
    With Go Daddy you don't have to worry about spam.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not true, happens to me sometimes. My guess is that SPAM software is somehow querying Whois servers for new domains and sends SPAM to them (how else would they find out the address info@mybrandnewdomain.com which wasn't even online yet?).

See http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...1&m=3056010863

YOURsoft affiliate software
    Join YOURsoft "affiliate program for affiliate software"!

ABW Ambassador
    Hmm. I haven't gotten any from them for new domains I've registered since they've blocked their registrations to robots. Maybe I've just been lucky. Either way I'll take it. I get WAY too much spam as it is.

I KNOW WHY!!!!!!!!!

What is your country? You IP range might have been blocked. This happens to me before for a long time. There are 2 suggested reason for this.

1. Your country might be claimed to be related to terrorism. GoDaddy participate in the program that disallow access from these countries.

2. You are from a high credit card fraud rate country. Credit card fraud is especially serious in the domain name industry, so they block IPs from those countries.

To PROOVE this, use some anonymous surfing tool to surf to godaddy, it should load properly!

I e-mailed GoDaddy and credit card fraud from our country is high was the reason I can't access GoDaddy.

RedFish,

Did you transfer your domain to another registrar?

I only got 1 domain with them, last time I use A4Proxy to access godaddy.

My ISP broadband IPs are treated by many parties as Australia IPs so I currently have no problem accessing GoDaddy.

I never register new domain with GoDaddy, the only one I have with them is bought over from some one else.

WLY ... are you saying that GoDaddy has your country forbidden to access their site because of your geological location?

If so .... that is a totally lame reason for any domain registration agent to not accept any honest purchasers from any area as the domain name can be easily pulled back if fraud is evident.

Quality services do not disallow any geological area from making a purchase because of the actions of others. If the service has an adequate anti fraud program system in place it does not require much additional cost factor in processing the orders.

I myself don't understand such a lame reason to exclude any geological location from making any purchases. That is sort of like standing out front of a brick/mortar store front and profiling customers as they come to the door and allowing them to walk through and shop by their nationality. That would certainly cause many issues with the human rights commission!

That's just my 2 cents worth.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

ABW Ambassador
    I am sure godaddy did not do this as some knee jerk reaction but had plenty of stats to back up this move.

It is my understanding, once the Registrar checks out the domain name, they are charged, no refund available. That is why you cannot get refunds on domain names.

And your analogy is not correct. A better analogy is guys come into your store with the word thief written on their shirts, and 95% of the guys wearing that shirt do steal from your store. Do you keep letting them in? Sorry for those who made a fashion statement, but they are blocked.

I have had so much fraud against my services from indonesia, i no longer even think about giving anyone there service, too bad. If you are innocent, maybe my blocking you will get you off your butt to pressure your govt to do something about it.

Chet

Chez Noir,

You are correct in the statement of registrar being charged once the domain is actually purchased from the registrar agent and is non-refundable to the agent.

It is up to the agent to have an adequate anti fraud system in place before the transaction has been sucured and actually made by the agent and then a confirmation of ownership is sent to the original purchaser once the anti fraud system has determined the sale has processed correctly before any action is taken by the registrar.

If the credit card agency is delayed on the transaction and does not process immediately it is up to the registrar agent to then send a notification to the purchaser of the purchase in "processing" mode and a confirmation of processing being sent once the transaction has been fully completed.

If the registrar is set up as an automated setup system and fails to wait for the full transaction to be completed and any fraud detected before they do purchase the domain name on behalf of the purchaser and allows the credit card purchaser rights to the domain before processing, it should not be the fault/penalty of any geological location area because of the registrars failure to have an adequate anti fraud program in place.

That's my view and how we accept transactions anyway and hardly causes any additional time in processing any legitimate or fraud orders.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    A better analogy is guys come into your store with the word thief written on their shirts, and 95% of the guys wearing that shirt do steal from your store.
    Chet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

95%??!! Better rephase your words, you just said our of 10 Indonesian, 9.5 are bad people. ARE YOU SURE?

It is rediculous to block IPs because there are many customers already owning some domains there, like WLY, what should the honest customers do now with their domains at godaddy as they are not allowed to access the site and control them?!?!

There are registrar like registerfly that blocks credit cards from certain countries. I am mad of this too because I have purchased a lot of domains from them before with that credit card! But at least I can still control my domains there.

There is a better way to fight against the bad and at least take care of the good. They can ask the customers to fax in their credit card or the statement to proove that they own the card.

ABW Ambassador
    You should sell your anti-fraud script, because I and every other merchant in the world would love to have it. Fraud happens if our processors checks, even when we run added checks afterwards.

It still happens, in a system where you are not selling a physical good and the buyer can fake everything as long as the feedback hits the screen, fraud will happen.

Maybe you are not in an industry that gets used by scammers, but domains, hosting, email - all get uses by scammers to go on and commit their scams. Some of them use very sophisitcated methods, I would think godaddy has pretty sophisticated methods themselves, yet still saw the loss, so why affect honest customers and make us pay more to float the debt of fraud?

Chet

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Look at the facts. If a country has no way to police or desire to enforce hosting accounts that put up scam pages to collect credit cards, privacy and identity theft info, spamm millions with e-mail harvested lists then the hosting companies just cut off their bad PR clients. Many countries have been banned by CC merchant account authorizations for years. This hurts their legit online business who are forced to hook up with 3rd party fulfillment companies just to move their countries goods.

Put some teeth into your countries fraud and consumer protection laws and you'll be welcomed into the global trade community.
    Till then it's buyer and merchant beware doing business where collecting for merchandise or services is a big IF....

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread