Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    My 4Checks Secret Project Revealed - Upload Our Super Datafeed Today!
    I have been working many a late night on my secret project: creating, tweaking and finally...testing! At last it is ready to be shared with the world and I couldn't be happier to spill the beans about it to you fine folks today!

The 4Checks Super Datafeed is now ready for You!

Old feed: Approximately 800 items, multiple image URL's to choose from, completely categorized.

New feed: 3000+ items, including personal checks, business checks, computer checks, address labels, contact cards, business cards, checkbook covers, debit wallets, personal deposit tickets, business deposit tickets, business check binders, calculators, shipping labels, mousepads, collegiate stickers and more! This feed also contains multiple images for you to choose from as well as complete categorization.

I really want as many of our partners to qualify for my May incentive as possible, and I want to give you all of the tools necessary to help make it happen!

Need FTP access to the feed in ShareASale? No problem! I always keep my eyes peeled for requests and pledge that any received will be approved in 24 hours or less.

Happy selling! I hope you love the new feed as much as I have loved putting it together for you!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Kim, you've been a busy, busy girl! Way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by bettylou
    Kim, you've been a busy, busy girl! Way to go!
    Thanks, bettylou!

I have been on edge to get this done and announced for some time now. I just had to make sure it was absolutely perfect before it was uploaded.

...And now that I have probably jinxed myself...

Wow. Bravo, Kim!

I just downloaded the datafeed and looked at the categories - nicely done for sure. Once Jason and I get it all "figured out" I may be calling you tomorrow...Monday/Tuesday at the latest...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    I may be calling you tomorrow...Monday/Tuesday at the latest...
    Awesome, I always look forward to feedback.

I pulled the images directly from our sites, but I have a feeling some will need to be resized, which could be a huge job. I figured it wouldn't hurt to put them out there as is and solicit feedback.

If anyone else has taken a look and has suggestions, please feel free to send them my way!

Kim, the way your products are grouped they are almost a natural for creating niche-targeted widgets. I like dogs and puppies, so I just put this together to illustrate what I mean:

The first tab presents the checks and matching checkbook covers, and the second tab promotes the ancillary products. This is, of course, a pair of screen shots; let me know if you'd like to see the live (working) sample.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..

Beachy,

This is beautiful! Many, many thanks for illustrating how much easier this new feed is going to make it for our partners to add in accessories. My hope is that giving everyone the option to pre-sell all of our products will drive additional sales...and more importantly, commissions!!

My personal mantra: Wise is the affiliate manager who measures their success by the quantity of commission payments and the quality of tools they make available.

I would love to see a live demo. I'll send a PM your way in a bit.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by AM@4checks
    ......I would love to see a live demo.......
    OK, here's a link to the live sample widget for the above screen shots. *

I used just a plain gray/gray for the sample - to show the concept. I can easily change the width, colors, font size, link colors, etc.

* Caution: even though it is on a plain (empty) page and not part of a working site, the links are "live" - that's the only way the sample will work. So, please don't do unnecessary clicks.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Nice move with the super feed!

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Nice move with the super feed!
    Thank you! If you get a chance to eyeball it and have some feedback, I'd really appreciate it.

Affiliate Manager
    Kim worked incredibly hard on the Super Datafeed and it's great to see all the positive feedback - I know she really appreciates it!

Keep up the good work, Kim, and thanks to Beachy for showing how it could pay off in easy widget-making for our affiliates! Let's hope all of their hard work will bring in lots of affiliate commissions for all!

sharon

Jeez, I feel like the Lone Ranger here, raising any sort of negative note about this admittedly huge datafeed.

BUT -- What am I not "getting" about the datafeed that everyone else seems to "get"?

I see the standard Category/SubCategory that show only "Business/Services" and "Financial," so they're really not useful to me.

Under "merchantCategory" I see some really usable category stuff, so that's good. That's what my datafeed template site will work off of. That's good.

BUT -- I see many products in the "non-check" categories that have no descriptions at all. I see some items with images in the Custom4 field, some not. I'll have to look that over to understand just what's going on there.

I guess I would have liked something with category breakdowns similar to the nice layout choices you have on the 4checks.com website -- something like the "Our Products" and "Check Formats," maybe even something like the "Most Popular" information you have on the tab row at the top of the 4checks.com website.

Perhaps this is all just my ignorance showing through. I certainly don't mean to sound a negative note. I just would at least like something usable in BOTH a "Category" and a "Subcategory" option. But perhaps there's something like that which I'm just not seeing the way I need to to "get" it? Wouldn't be the first time the old brain wasn't connecting just right to see an obvious "Custom" field or something. LOL!
    Generate more fake news.

Hey Writerguy, I just sent you a PM - with something that may help "visualize" the additional parts of the feed.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    We're looking at it today to see how to best incorporate the new items into our current site.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

Writerguy,

I don't take any feedback as "negative", quite the opposite!

I have to make a few polishing changes to the feed as it is, and will make those changes in the next few days. (I had planned on doing it sooner, but my son was sick.)

The descriptions for the accessory items don't currently exist. I am working hard on creating them, but for 3200+ products, it's going to take some time. We have an Intern about to join us in the next few weeks, so that is on the list of things to be completed.

As for the collage images, if one did not exist, I left the field blank.

Please keep the feedback coming. The determining factor as to the success of this "super" datafeed of mine is how well it works for you.

Also, feel free to contact me offline if you have any questions. I'm happy to help!

Writerguy,

I don't take any feedback as "negative", quite the opposite!

I have to make a few polishing changes to the feed as it is, and will make those changes in the next few days. (I had planned on doing it sooner, but my son was sick.)

The descriptions for the accessory items don't currently exist. I am working hard on creating them, but for 3200+ products, it's going to take some time. We have an Intern about to join us in the next few weeks, so that is on the list of things to be completed.

As for the collage images, if one did not exist, I left the field blank.

Please keep the feedback coming. The determining factor as to the success of this "super" datafeed of mine is how well it works for you.

Also, feel free to contact me offline if you have any questions. I'm happy to help!
    Thanks, Kim. I really appreciate that you understood I wasn't trying to be negative or critical about all the work you've done on that feed -- and still are doing.

I'm eager to get something up in the next couple of days with a domain I recently bought. I'm sure I can use the feed, and probably will work also with the 4Checks.com PopShops feed, too.

And Beachy's PM was also a big help.

Keep up the good work!
    Generate more fake news.

Hi Kim

How do we get hold of that datafeed will it be in our regular 4 checks account or in the shareasale account?

Also, any idea when the March checks were cut?

thanks

Hi easylife,

You can grab the new feed from ShareASale or Kolimbo. They are available on both networks. The ShareASale feed allows for more images and further categorization, though.

March commission checks were mailed out a bit ago, but for some reason you seem to receive yours a bit on the late side. It could be your location.

Feel free to email or call if you have any questions about the feed.

Take care,

Hi easylife,

You can grab the new feed from ShareASale or Kolimbo. They are available on both networks. The ShareASale feed allows for more images and further categorization, though.

March commission checks were mailed out a bit ago, but for some reason you seem to receive yours a bit on the late side. It could be your location.

Feel free to email or call if you have any questions about the feed.

Take care,
    When you say a bit ago, can you provide a date just so I can properly guage how long its been in the mail

please and thankyou

easylife,

They were mailed out on April 21st. I have been in contact with Accounting as yours should have been received by now.

Please check your email. If a replacement check needs to be sent, I will send it to you via expedited delivery.

Thank you so much for your patience!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Kim, have sent you emails to some emails over the last 2 weeks, can you please whitelist me or check your email folders? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Kim, have sent you emails to some emails over the last 2 weeks, can you please whitelist me or check your email folders? Thanks.
    Donuts,

Will do! My apologies. I know you are busy, but would you mind sending them to 4checksam at gmail dot com? I'm not sure what is up with our internal email system lately, but many have fallen through the cracks, which is not good. I'll be adding this email address to other correspoondence as well.

Talk soon,

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread