Thumbs up FC Zenit St Petersburg in UEFA Cup Final
    Not sure how many of you are following, but my hometown football club (FC Zenit, St. Petersburg) has performed a mirracle today by beating the famous Bayern 4:0. It has handed "Bayern its biggest loss in six years" [full story], and made it to the final of this year's UEFA Cup, where it will play Rangers (the team our coach previously coached).

Go Zenit! Go St. Petersburg!! Go Russia!!!

Proud Zenit Fan,

Geno

ABW Ambassador
    Congrats to your team.
    Two teams from my home country are playing in the Champions League final in Moscow

Congratz to YOUR team, Geno. Didn't they also do well last year? I seem to recall a thread to that effect...
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thank you, gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by cjshoppingnetwork
    Two teams from my home country are playing in the Champions League final in Moscow
    I know. :-) Which one will you be rooting for?

Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    Congratz to YOUR team, Geno. Didn't they also do well last year? I seem to recall a thread to that effect...
    They did extremely well last year, but in a different competition.

G.

I have blue blood i am a Rangers fan and what a night last night was still suffering.Im looking forward to meeting Advocat in the final being a great coach as i really admire him from his time with us i cant wait and heading to manchester for the game i don't have ticket but who cares.

Game on 13 days and counting.

Come on the Gers! Come on the Teddy Bears! Another fan here. I think Geno's going to be out-numbered here.

Outsourced Program Manager Nick Prussakov's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markschok
    I think Geno's going to be out-numbered here.
    Two all, mate.

I'm going up to support Zenit! Trying to get a ticket now...

ABW Ambassador
    so we have a Russian team playing in a final in England, and two English teams playing in a final in Russia.

As my team are not playing (Stoke City, almost in the premier league, for the first time in over 20 years) , I want Manchester United to win the Champions League, and as there are no English teams in the UEFA final, I will support the Russian team, not the Scottish team

Quote Originally Posted by cjshoppingnetwork
    ...as there are no English teams in the UEFA final, I will support the Russian team, not the Scottish team
    That makes 3 us in this thread already!!

Yes, it is interesting that Russians are playing in the final in England, while two English teams (hold on, isn't Chelsea partially Russian too?! :-)) are playing in Moscow.

Your above post reminds me of the Scottish-English rivalry expressed on a T-shirt I saw in Edinburgh a year ago. The T-shirt said something to effect of: "I support two teams: Scotland and whatever other team that plays England".

Geno

We hired a bus down toay to go. But got knocked back for tickets when i applied at december i think it was for lottery draw so just going down with the other 100000 rangers fans and 10000 chealsea fans that will join us decending on manchester.

Nobody is gettng by our defence now your top scorer is suspended for it lol.the game is going to penalties with nacho finishing it for us.

I got a feeling there will be no penalties in this match, mate. Shava (you know him by the name of Arshavin) is back (I don't care much for Pogrebnyak that is suspended). ;-) Looking forward to the game!!

G.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Yes, it is interesting that Russians are playing in the final in England, while two English teams (hold on, isn't Chelsea partially Russian too?! :-)) are playing in Moscow.
    My money is on there being a lot of "local" support for Chelsea and a lack of tickets for Man U fans

Congrats to your team Geno. My team meanwhile are in with a fair chance of being relegated to Division 2 today if we don't win (Sheff Wednesday once again giving us die hard fans a heart attack season!)

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Quote Originally Posted by Chris - AMWSO
    My money is on there being a lot of "local" support for Chelsea and a lack of tickets for Man U fans
    Chris
    Explain to me why Man u fans should get tickets in a final there not in. The chelsea fans are not going to game but to add to support around manchester as they have an affection between them.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by KPR
    Explain to me why Man u fans should get tickets in a final there not in. The chelsea fans are not going to game but to add to support around manchester as they have an affection between them.
    Two different finals. The one Man U is in is the Champions League final in Moscow, not the UEFA final in Manchester

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Two different finals. The one Man U is in is the Champions League final in Moscow, not the UEFA final in Manchester
    Thanks saved me typing it
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Full congrats to Geno and his crew. Well done big chap, you called it exactly right, no penalties needed, all though both teams should have had one each in normal play.

Zenet had the two good chances well taken and we couldn't convert our only half chances.

Oh well, the domestic treble it it for us. :-)

Thank you, Mark.

Zenit absolutely rocks! We are the CHAMPIONS [link to UEFA site]!!

I am now seriously hoping to fly to Monaco for the Super Cup in August.

Thanks again.

Geno

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread