Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    14
    Beginner Questions
    I had submitted a support request last night and received the confirmation that I would receive a response shortly. Not sure what the average time is on requests. I figured I'd post here to see what the affiliate gurus here think.

    I plan on creating a website with a vast amount of products. The site will have a lot of categories to shop through. Here are my questions:

    1.) Is popshops sort of like an affiliate shopping cart? What I mean is this. Is it where I create my storefront by selecting products through companies I sign up with. People visit my storefront, select the products and then can "checkout" at the respective companies website?

    2.) My goal is to create a searchable website. For example, if you go to shopping.com you can search for products via their search feature. I would like this feature available on my website. I plan on signing up with merchants for each category I want. For example, infant ware, jewelry, etc. I do plan on having more than just products, that is, actual content.

    3.) Is this possible via the free account? Or would the $5 or $30/month account be better? I would like to be able to do this via PHP and an API (if popshops has one). My goal is to create pages that are dynamic so that I don't have to keep updating pages every time a price, description, etc changes on products.

  2. #2
    ABW Ambassador 2busy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Location
    Tropical Mountaintop
    Posts
    5,636
    Yes, that is more or less the way PopShops works. You sign up with merchants and then select their products in PopShops that you create. Each shop can have more than one merchant and they can be searched. You get a snippet of code to paste in your page for each shop. The free version has limited capabilities, I don't believe that .php is available for the free shops, just HTML (static) and .js (SEO unfriendly) so a step up to the $5 plan is a good idea. After you've built a few shops you'll probably want to go for the full buffet.
    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2007
    Location
    Cuautitlán, Edo. de México
    Posts
    1,725
    Quote Originally Posted by hippityhopper
    1.) Is popshops sort of like an affiliate shopping cart? What I mean is this. Is it where I create my storefront by selecting products through companies I sign up with. People visit my storefront, select the products and then can "checkout" at the respective companies website?

    NO, product links work the same as if you used other tools, you don't get your own shopping cart.

    Quote Originally Posted by hippityhopper
    2.) My goal is to create a searchable website. For example, if you go to shopping.com you can search for products via their search feature. I would like this feature available on my website. I plan on signing up with merchants for each category I want. For example, infant ware, jewelry, etc. I do plan on having more than just products, that is, actual content.
    Not really, at least not with the free, and pro.

    Quote Originally Posted by hippityhopper
    3.) Is this possible via the free account? Or would the $5 or $30/month account be better? I would like to be able to do this via PHP and an API (if popshops has one). My goal is to create pages that are dynamic so that I don't have to keep updating pages every time a price, description, etc changes on products.
    It has never been very clear to me what the advantages of having the 30/mo account are over the regular one.

  4. #4
    ABW Ambassador joyaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27th, 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    516
    This page at Popshops explains the additional features of the Enterprise ($30/month) version ...

    http://www.popshops.com/faq/start-ent

  5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. A beginner with 3 beginner's questions...
    By BOOBOOCH5 in forum Newbie Affiliate FAQs & Helpful Articles
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: August 29th, 2014, 11:44 AM
  2. beginner questions
    By phantom in forum Newbie Affiliate FAQs & Helpful Articles
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 10th, 2012, 10:32 PM
  3. Questions from an affiliate beginner
    By marco005 in forum Business & Legal Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 11th, 2010, 09:36 AM
  4. Ebook beginner questions
    By hazlcha in forum ClickBank
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 11th, 2008, 01:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •