Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    This has been really bothering me, so I decided I would put the question to the networks.

Why are the "software application" affiliates allowed to use the afscr=1 code in their own affiliate links? The purpose behind that coding was supposed to be a way for non software application affiliates to protect their links from being hijacked since said companies could not recognize service side redirected affiliate links.

Why do the parasites feel the need to even protect their links from other parasiteware? Afterall, we've heard over and over again what a small % of actual affiliate clicks are being redirected by the parasites.

It's a real slap in the face that the parasite's are able to use this "solution for compliance" that was offered up by the networks IMO. I've seen this used by ebates and SAHS for example.

Everyone is getting the rightful credit of their commissions right? I don't see why parasite's should be allowed to use this code in their links or even need to. And afterall, an whenu manages to snarl a click from ebates, hey it's what the end user really wanted anyway isn't it? They decided they wanted the coupon code over the rebate. And what the end user *really wants* is what the bottom line is correct?

Just how much special consideration is going to be given to the parasites over normal affiliates??

They really should be precluded from using that code in their links and should have to take their chances like the rest of the affiliate community has had to do for so long. Maybe it would be some motivation for them to truly bring their software into compliance.

Hope someone for the Networks has the honesty to answer the question as to why they are allowed to use the afscr=1 code.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Truth be told the networks don't trust a B-a-HO further then they can throw these 400 Lb Gorrillas. If they knew of a way to tag and bag their fees from BHO's hijacked sales they could institute a BHO surcharge. It's a clinch no BHO trusts the thieves in charge of other BHO's to play by the rules.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    Right ecom, in this cheating game no one trusts the other.
    Lady B. did you ever believe that this asfrc=1 works? I ever thought that this is a thing like believing in Santa Claus. Am I wrong?

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    My opinion is that the parasites that are using this lose out in the battle of redirects with other more agressive parasites and are using it themselves to help prevent losses in the redirect game.

My opinion is also that until "all players" either honor or use afscr=1 it's a clear indication that the COC is not working and certain players have no intention of "really supporting it" other than by putting sites that have filed multiple complaints and are a threat on an exclusion list. An exclusion list used by parasites is not an answer to a parasite showing faith in adhearing to a COC complience!

Of course, if everyone "honored" the principle of the coc then why make everyone put afsrc on it. What is reality is that the afsrc=1 and affiliates not putting it on is simply another "delay tactic" and "excuse" that can be used to continue to say "this parasite is in compiance" when diversions continue.

The Networks philosophy of "letting merchants decide if they can undermine affiliate contracts" by allowing parasitic affiliates to pop on their site and this be deemed "in compliance of the COC" is as Haiko would say...... Pure HorseHockey!

The networks involved in the COC are not acting responsibly or with due diligence when they set a precidence that allows legal binding contracts to be undermined by a parasitic partner. This is not how a "trusted third party" should act in my opinion.

The whole issue of allowing merchant side popups would force everyone to use afsrc=1 for it to be effective. This isn't happening nor will it and until then those poor parents who think they are funding a college education, helping the rainforest, making donations to charities are all being fooled and mislead.

I would welcome each network in the COC to respond to your concern and address the issues I put forward but I sure aint gonna hold my breath.

Come on you "trusted third party networks" - Go ahead.... Make my day!

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!
    ===============================

Our network doesn't accept any Parasiteware affiliates. Maybe that's a better way to avoid this.

Joe Flores
    "Profitman"
    Affiliate Manager
    www.AffiliateFuel.com
    jflores@affiliatefuel.com

Ms. B wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Just how much special consideration is going to be given to the parasites over normal affiliates?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I think we've already received an answer to this one. Let's face it, everyone knows what the parasites are getting away with. It's been documented countless times. We've heard the story so often it plays like a soap opera: oops, it's a software problem... Yea, right.

Now there are so many parasites, they're fighting with each other over who gets the commission!

The bottom line is, the end user is being taken advantage of as well as the normal affiliates. The end user is paying for this with a slow computer, having to close countless pop ups, being stalked as they surf the Internet, etc. Pity the poor end user with more than one parasitic app on their computer! And we all know that the normal affiliate isn't being paid for their hard work because this is allowed to continue.

It's really a shameful situation.

Andy

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Joe, yes.

Shame none of the big 3 have dropped by to answer the question.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Wonder when the BHO mobsters start putting out contracts on their rival gangs. My sidebar for the day is those long deferred payouts (Upromise et. all) will never materialize for Jimmies & Janes college education. These will turn into high profile Ponzi schemes upon maturity and basically were just IPO plays for the rich insider investors.

Damn I have to get moving on Charlies "Hair lipped parrot" donation site as the liberals and do-gooders all seem to throw money at bleeding heart causes. Wonder if any Saudi Princes would be will to donate the bucks for UN monogrammed child body bags and send them to Israel as a charitible gesture. Seems more likely then counting on the networks to kick their incubated BHO babies to the curb.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Our service stance is that of Joe's ... do not allow any parasite affiliates in the program and you protect all of your affiliates.... period!

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Shame none of the big 3 have dropped by to answer the question. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    They do come and answer only to tell us they won't give us a public answer here.
    Only problem they won't give us a private answer when we ask about it either.

It was once posted by CJ themselves, here at ABW that if a parasite popped up on an affiliate's site with CJ links on it that it was a clear violation of COC. There were many instances people stated it only popped on the merchant page, BUT when proof was shown of the exact case as above, it was shuffled under the table with the we won't comment on any actions. Their silence screams out what the policy means.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

This conversation has the same root problem as the reversals discussion we had in the middle of July.

The problem isn't the parasites - or at least the solution doesn't lie with them. The problem isn't even the policies. It's that, time after time, affiliates keep promoting through networks that have blatantly shown a disregard for their success. Any use of these networks, no matter the excuse, means that short term profitability is more important to the affiliate than the overall success of their business or affiliate marketing in general.

There are always parasites in nature. I highly suggest, if you don't like fleas, you stop playing with dirty dogs.

Joe Flores
    "Profitman"
    Affiliate Manager
    www.AffiliateFuel.com
    jflores@affiliatefuel.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> There are always parasites in nature. I highly suggest, if you don't like fleas, you stop playing with dirty dogs.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or take them to the Vet and get them Flea Dip
    (the potent one!)twice or three times! that should get rid of them blood suckers!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

I can vouch for AF - they have great offers that convert well. Add their "no parasite" policy to that and you have a winner.

AF = $ =

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread