SaS Newbie - Product Links for Affiliates
    Hello everyone, and many thanks in advance for reading and replying to this post.

My question has 2 parts for all the SaS gurus out there . . . and they are as follows (and if there is an existing thread that refers to this questions, please do let me know):

1. Being new to the SaS interface I was wondering if anyone could advise me on if there is an easier way of creating links that lead directly to for example . . . product pages, besides uploading them one by one (or in bulk) into the banner/link section of the Merchant Account Manager? For instance I would like to send an affiliate an email with a single link and show them how to modify the variables in the link so they could modify them to suit their target page - is that possible?

2. Are you allowed to do the above . . . and will the affiliate be credited for any transactions earned on a link that is not nested in the Merchant's Account Manager?

I apologize if the questions seem quite amateurish.

Many thanks to all . . .

Sean

Contact Brian, I think what you need is a datafeed. Sounds like you need an OPM too. BTW - Welcome and Good Luck!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Welcome, shimmerandstone.

Ditto what 2busy said, but also if you are not aware, your affiliates have the ability to create their own links to any page on your site, using the quick and easy "Create a Custom Link to a Page" tool.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Thank you both, 2busy and AffiliateHound for your responses.

2busy, I will probably ask Brian, as per your suggestion. The datafeed we have up, and is functioning well . . . not a problem there. The issue arose from an affiliate who can only use text-links exclusively on their site. They too are new to utilizing the SaS platform and I wasn't too familiar with the affiliate side of the platform, in order to provide them with some guidance. As for the OPM . . . well, I wold like to give myself a shot at it . . . for at least a while . . . before I consider outsourcing. It may be my OCD, but I always prefer to know the how's and why's of what I am outsourcing, before I actually do. Thanks again for the suggestions.

AffiliateHound . . . I think you provided me with the answer I was looking for. Many thanks mate, I am in your debt!

Thank you both again, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to answer my inquiry.

Best wishes,

Sean

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread