Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Why Not to Drink and Facebook
    So last week was a tough one, hard work, tough choices, blah blah blah. Not the point.

Point is, I had some wine last night, and then late at night decided it would be a good idea to cruise Facebook, which I hadn't done in a while.

Thanks to the crappy way most of the Facebook apps work, I think I managed to spam about 300 people, told about 9 women and 6 men I'd like to date them, and may have entered the priesthood.

They need to put one of those BAC Breath Tubes on the login page of these things. And stop making the default application setting to SPAM EVERYONE ON MY LIST about how I've installed the "So you have erectile dysfunction" app.

/rant off
    /aspirin on
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    OMG!! That's hilarious!!

Kind of what I did when Aubrey went to her room for some playstation therapy.

When the cable came back on it was set to CNN, so I mixed a glass of Crown & 7up to catch up on the world. I started seeing all the tornado warnings for towns that weren't that far from here and got a little worried. Just as I was about to go outside and lock Kahlua in her stall, I read the bulletin that was up as they were covering the story..........It was Arkansas I felt like such a dork!

No more drinking and CNN for me!
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I should be embarrassed to admit this but -- I do dumbass stuff like that all the time and I'm not even tipsy when I do it.

I'm going to have to check out Facebook one of these days. I'll be looking for you, Kevin.

You'll find me, Rhea. And I'll probably somehow ask you out....

I don't watch the news anymore Amy. It's too negative
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Some of those apps tell everyone on your list that you did something, when all you wanted was to see if it was worth opening. I always feel like people think I did that on purpose - thanks, Kevin, for pointing it out. I don't think your drinking had any more to do with it than matching the condition of the person who wrote the app.

I wish there was a more grown-up version of Facebook, where we could drink and visit without accidently sending agriculture over state lines, messing with Karma and killing friends off on the Oregon Trail because we didn't log in and feed them.

Hey Judi, I just read your sig file and it cracked me up!

So I got to thinking (don't nobody panic) that it would be really cool if our profiles on ABW had a dynamic "Ignored by X members" tag. That could serve as an awesome bullshit-ometer for noobs and also I would really, really love to know if anyone has me on ignore. I figure after all these years I've been here there must be at least one person who's ignoring me. I hope so, anyway.

Kevin, if you ask me out and my husband finds out about it -- well let's just say that his last name isn't Soprano but it does end in a vowel. Capisce?

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103

I wish there was a more grown-up version of Facebook, where we could drink and visit without accidently sending agriculture over state lines, messing with Karma and killing friends off on the Oregon Trail because we didn't log in and feed them.
    ROFLMAO! I luv it!!

A friend of mine called me from Boston yesterday afternoon and he was having a really bad day. He vented and said "Oh well, it's nothing that a bottle of Jack, a shoulder mounted missile launcher and a tree full of buzzards won't cure" For whatever reason, your comment reminded me of that! You're too fun Judi!
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Kevin are you my friend on facebook?????????

Facebook? What's Facebook?

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

I don't think I'm anyone's "friend" on Facebook anymore ;p

Seriously though, I'll have to check.

Which brings up another thing that irks me about social networks... Some of these people, I mean, who need 2,345 friends???
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    So I got to thinking (don't nobody panic) that it would be really cool if our profiles on ABW had a dynamic "Ignored by X members" tag. That could serve as an awesome bullshit-ometer for noobs and also I would really, really love to know if anyone has me on ignore. I figure after all these years I've been here there must be at least one person who's ignoring me. I hope so, anyway.
    Even better - if more than a few people are ignoring someone, have it display a bold, red message at the top of each of their posts:

"Ignored by ## People - Click Here to Ignore Too - Don't Feed The Trolls!"
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Oh, and Rhea, just tell him my app did it. He can go roll those guys
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

Interested in my ignore stats --- that is, if you can read this. ;-)

ABW Ambassador
    "Thanks to the crappy way most of the Facebook apps work, I think I managed to spam about 300 people, told about 9 women and 6 men I'd like to date them, and may have entered the priesthood."

Ah, that was you. I turned you down but can I still have the mixtape you made for me?

"Ignored by ## People - Click Here to Ignore Too - Don't Feed The Trolls!"
    Can we please, huh, can we, can we, can we, huh? Please?

If that doesn't get me on somebody's ignore list I don't know what will.

Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    Interested in my ignore stats --- that is, if you can read this. ;-)
    Read what?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    "Thanks to the crappy way most of the Facebook apps work, I think I managed to spam about 300 people, told about 9 women and 6 men I'd like to date them, and may have entered the priesthood."

Ah, that was you. I turned you down but can I still have the mixtape you made for me?
    Dude, don't they just give each other preloaded Ipods now?
    Kevin Webster

Kayak Fishing

A friend of mine called me from Boston yesterday afternoon and he was having a really bad day. He vented and said "Oh well, it's nothing that a bottle of Jack, a shoulder mounted missile launcher and a tree full of buzzards won't cure" For whatever reason, your comment reminded me of that! You're too fun Judi!
    This reminded me of the years when most of the kids were still at home - our typical answer to the Monday morning "How was your day off?" was:
    "Just another f*&^$%ng weekend at the Moores - once the tears are dry, though, it will just be another funny family story"

I'm not talking about the kind of drama we've been discussing, but with 6 kids of our own and several others usually living in the corners, we kept drywall repair kits under the kitchen sink. There was always something to fix, something to discuss with our jaw clenched, and a car broken down somewhere to go work on in a parking lot in the snow. Fun times. Maybe I should stop being depressed about a lack of excitement here.

Any time you add an app you can uncheck the box allowing the app to send updates to your profile. And if you accidentally send some invites you can go to your profile and say you didn't mean to do it. Facebook is cutting back on the number of invites the spammier apps can send, so only the good apps get the most invites. It's almost like a new form of SEO - rank well in Facebook and your app gets more invites and notifications to send.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I started ignoring then blocking all apps last month. I like the feature that shows others friends and you can easily connect. What I don't like is that you can not link to their profiles so I can find out who some are.

What happened to being able to check off on information on your profile page? I enjoy the info but don't want to see it again. I want to be able to do the same with the advertisments. I think Fecebook could show great value to an advertiser if all ads allowed you to do two things. Turn off a particular ad and after turning off 3 ads with an advertiser, turn off that advertiser forever. Would change the face of advertising if we could tun off all the lame product placement ads.

So last week was a tough one, hard work, tough choices, blah blah blah. Not the point.

Point is, I had some wine last night, and then late at night decided it would be a good idea to cruise Facebook, which I hadn't done in a while.

Thanks to the crappy way most of the Facebook apps work, I think I managed to spam about 300 people, told about 9 women and 6 men I'd like to date them, and may have entered the priesthood.
    So, about last night...

While I didn't try to date anyone, I did made ten unnecessary posts because...

the devil made me do it...
    Attached Images Attached Images

wow and i thought i was alone!! I have set extra password setting on my iphone and home computers so if i have too many cocktails i don't drunk text, drunk facebook, or even go twitter crazy!! Danger!!!

Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Kevin,

Super story - gave me a chuckle. You may singlehandedly revitalize the popularity of AC / DC T-Shirts!!

BTW, I'm happily married....
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

LOL you are all nuts! Thanks heavens for us sane ones on Facebook!
    :approval:

Beth aka 1stAngel
    [URL=http://1stangel.co.uk]1stAngel Arts Magazine[/URL]
    [URL=http://galileowasright.com]Galileo Was Right[/URL]

How'd I miss this thread when it started last spring? Thanks to whoever brought it back to life.

I'm on facebook rarely, and I only got started because my grown children are big with it and got me started.

Facebook has too many shiny, bright objects all going on at once for me. I'm too easily confused -- and I don't even drink??
    Generate more fake news.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast