Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seaport Hotel special rate block sold out?
    Just a heads up for everyone... Shawn posted the promo code for the $189/night rate at the Seaport Hotel about a week ago and it looks like the block is now full. You can still get rooms at the hotel at the 'regular' rate, but it's $399/night! Good thing I booked my rooms last week.

If they happen to arrange another block of rooms, don't delay in making the reservation.

I guess this thread can also serve as a place to discuss alternative hotels... The Westin and Renaissance are close to the Seaport, but they're also $200+/night. I think the rest of the options are at least a mile away.

Some people have been getting the Westin Boston Waterfront for $110-$120/night (for other dates) through Priceline. It may also be available through Hotwire for a little bit more. YMMV.
    --

The Westin Boston Waterfront is just across the road, from what I understand. That's where I'll be staying. If you're a SPG member, you can get it for 10,000 miles per night (or 5 nights for 40,000). I did SPG's "Nights & Flights" option to get an even better deal: 50,000 airline miles (which I used to get a First Class ticket to Santa Barbara for CJU) and 5 nights at the Westin Boston Waterfront, all for 70,000 miles.

If you have a lot of business expenses (or just expenses) that you run through credit cards, consider the SPG Amex. IMHO, it's the best reward card out there. You earn one Starpoint per mile spent and you can redeem Starpoints for airfare (20,000 Starpoints = 25,000 miles with most airlines) or hotels (from 2,000 points per night). If you charge $30k/year on the card, you get SPG Gold status automatically, which sometimes gets you upgrades.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I definitely make use of a "mileage" credit card. As much as I hate their commercials I use a Capital One Business Card as one of my business cards - Miles/Points set up is similar to what you describe. (I also use the ABW Advanta card for some things.)

However, because I am in the travel business, my CPA tells me to NOT use "free travel" features - all of my travel is fully deductible. The Capital One program also has merchandise, but, better yet, Gift Cards are offered for many popular stores that we use. Last holiday season, for example, we gave 50,000 points in gift cards (5 x $100 cards) for gifts to family members. Actually, we kept two of the cards for ourselves. Sweet deal.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Sold out in a week??? Gee, sure would have liked to know that could have been a problem right up front. There's no way in hell I'm paying $400 a night, and I would have preferred to stay at the conference hotel.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by HecticDMC
    Sold out in a week??? Gee, sure would have liked to know that could have been a problem right up front. There's no way in hell I'm paying $400 a night, and I would have preferred to stay at the conference hotel.
    That was just a reminder from Shawn that things were filling up quickly. The discount code was posted many weeks ago. I reserved our two rooms back on April 3rd.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Affiliate Summit Guy Shawn Collins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoti
    Just a heads up for everyone... Shawn posted the promo code for the $189/night rate at the Seaport Hotel about a week ago and it looks like the block is now full.
    I hadn't gotten word that the block reached capacity - did you speak to somebody on the phone a the Seaport?
    Affiliate Summit - Las Vegas on January 10-12, 2016

I'm definitely going to call them tomorrow - I'll report back what I find out Hopefully they've still got some available at that price... I was taken aback because I booked Vegas rather late, and I wanted to wait a few more weeks to book Boston if possible.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

I made my reservations about 2 weeks ago. Looking online Tues night was sold out. I called, the rep said she thought some days were full but after a few minutes she was able to get me in. Definitely call them, and see what they can do, they might be able to squeeze you in.
    Melanie
    President - Affiliate Advocacy 2008 ShareaSale Performance Industry Advocate Award, 2009 Affiliate Summit Pinnacle Award - Affiliate Advocate
    Affiliate Advocacy
    NYAffiliateVoice Seery Writing

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Collins
    I hadn't gotten word that the block reached capacity - did you speak to somebody on the phone a the Seaport?
    I tried the online reservation system, and each individual night I tried was unavailable if I used the AFS8 but available for $399 without the code. So I assumed the block was sold out.

Sorry, group rooms are not available for some of your requested dates.

Please see "Group Availability" calendar on the screen below for alternative dates or remove the "Group Code" and select "Search" for general availability.
    The "Group Availability" calendar shows rooms supposedly available on Aug 9, 10, 11 and 12 (but sold out on Aug 8, 13, 14). But the online reservation system does not actually let you get the promo rate for any of the dates. Maybe it's just phone reservations only now?
    --

I'm happy now (even though my headache from yesterday still hasn't gone away).

Just got off the phone with the hotel, got myself booked checking in on the 8th, checking out on the 13th, each night for the $189 group rate.

If anyone has trouble with the online booking system, definitely give them a call.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

ABW Ambassador AffiliateSummitMissy's Avatar
    Hey Everyone,

The hotel couldn't possibly be sold out. There's definitely something wrong there and I'll get it fixed up when the sales office opens up on Monday morning.

-Missy
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com
    Co-Publisher of Revenews.com and Revenews.org
    Founder of AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com Personal Blog: MissyWard.com

Hey everyone,

I just got off the phone with the Seaport, and as I expected, there is a system glitch. They are working on their system as we speak and should have it corrected shortly.

The only nights that are sold out as of right this minute is Friday, 8/8 and Wednesday 8/13. We are super tight on Saturday, so if you're plannning on coming in on that day, you should make your reservations right away... well, as soon as they fix their system.

There is a possibility that they may be able to add 10 more rooms for Friday 8/8, but I'll know that later today as well.

I will post again here as soon as their reservation system issue is corrected.
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Co-founder of Affiliate Summit, FeedFront Magazine , GeekCast.fm & itsaWAHMthing.com

OK -- that was fast...

It's already fixed. Feel free to book away.
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateSummitMissy
    OK -- that was fast...

It's already fixed. Feel free to book away.
    I chose the 9th and leaving on the 13th. It said some of my days were sold out but listed the 14th as sold out. That's not within the days I chose and it wont' let me book online.

After seeing this "The Seaport Hotel is a completely Smoke Free facility" I think I'll stay elsewhere. Are us smokers supposed to quit during the Summit?
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

ABW Ambassador
    Massachusetts has a very strict smoking law, so this may be a common practice. I'd be interested to know what you find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Rice
    I chose the 9th and leaving on the 13th. It said some of my days were sold out but listed the 14th as sold out. That's not within the days I chose and it wont' let me book online.

After seeing this "The Seaport Hotel is a completely Smoke Free facility" I think I'll stay elsewhere. Are us smokers supposed to quit during the Summit?

Greg,

I just made a test booking online for 9-13 and it worked. Can you confirm you are entering the group discount code AFS8? It's coming up fine for me.

Even after the test booking that went through, I pulled up a new availability and it's still fine.
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    9-13 worked fine for me too, just now, using the AFS8 code.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar

That is keeping me away.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Good luck finding a place that allows it up there. Although I'm already booked, I'd be curious what you find out about it.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    If you have a lot of business expenses (or just expenses) that you run through credit cards, consider the SPG Amex. IMHO, it's the best reward card out there. You earn one Starpoint per mile spent and you can redeem Starpoints for airfare (20,000 Starpoints = 25,000 miles with most airlines) or hotels (from 2,000 points per night). If you charge $30k/year on the card, you get SPG Gold status automatically, which sometimes gets you upgrades.
    Thanks for the info - it's very helpful!

Are us smokers supposed to quit during the Summit?

As a fellow occasional smoker who happens to smoke wayyyyyyyyyy to much when I travel and especially during the Summit, this just gave me a great idea.

What about doing the Great Affiliate Marketing Smoke Out? We'll all be together for 3-5 days or so. Maybe this is a good time to go cold turkey?

We could all stick together and support each other, since no one else would want to hang out with us anyway because we'll all be so b*tchy. ;-)
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Outsourced Program Manager DavidG-MV's Avatar
    Love the smokeout idea. I'm 2 days into my qutting thing...we'll see how that goes

Anyways..I just booked my ticket to Summit East. (My 1st one) I'm real excited to meet all of you and look forward to Boston.

See you all there!
    David Green - [URL=http://www.morevisibility.com]MoreVisibility[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.morevisibility.com/seoblog/]Blogs[/URL] - [URL=http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=497]Support Forum[/URL] - [B][URL=http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=19856]New SAS Program - 1STOPlighting.com[/URL][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by DavidG-MV
    Love the smokeout idea. I'm 2 days into my qutting thing...we'll see how that goes

Anyways..I just booked my ticket to Summit East. (My 1st one) I'm real excited to meet all of you and look forward to Boston.

See you all there!
    I'm going to start a new thread about it to see if we could get any more takers. I think that it's as good a time as any and to be honest... If I could make it through this without smoking, I know I could make it through ANY place without smoking.

I'll make it fun --- give everyone pins or something that say -- Don't let me smoke or something.

Let's see if we can get any other takers!
    Shine on,

Missy Ward

Hotel Deals
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    The Westin Boston Waterfront is just across the road, from what I understand. That's where I'll be staying. If you're a SPG member, you can get it for 10,000 miles per night (or 5 nights for 40,000). I did SPG's "Nights & Flights" option to get an even better deal: 50,000 airline miles (which I used to get a First Class ticket to Santa Barbara for CJU) and 5 nights at the Westin Boston Waterfront, all for 70,000 miles.
    Again! I remember reading your hotel booking tactics for ASW 08, and I had to post that I'm totally impressed by your travel-savvy! I'm definitely going to look further into the deals the next time that I'm booking a vacation.

Cheers,
    Patrick Armstrong
    Online Marketing Manager, ethicalDeal.com
    patrick@ethicaldeal.com

Online Marketing Consultant
    Just booked my room from Sunday to Tuesday. Can't wait to see everyone again!
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast