ABW Ambassador
    Though it is also related to cj.com I post this here. During a discussion with lobster they wrote me the following mail:

We have been studying ebates use of Top Moxie. At this time we do not see any instances of them overwriting traffic. If you do have evidence of your links being overwritten please send it to CJ for COC analysis.

At this time I will be upfront and telll ou we plan to continue working with ebates.

Another merchant:

Shoes.com told me that they can tell me some links to BHO providers like afftrack and rebateshare.

carneol

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by carneol:
    Shoes.com told me that they can tell me some links to BHO providers like afftrack and rebateshare.

carneol<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Told me that they can tell me? What does that mean?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry, I have to correct that: the correct text is:
    "

I know of two companies that are doing rebate software out of the box:

http://afftrack.com/products/itrack.asp - email Wayne Porter
    wayne@afftrack.com
    http://rebateshare.com/corporate/index.asp - email Len Tricroce
    len@rebateshare.com

". Have to excuse me. Very unprofessional.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Carneol said: "Have to excuse me. Very unprofessional."

Your more professional then those monetizing the B-a-HO marketplace as a boomtown enterprise. Of course history shows us where ever greed driven individuals congregate around new found money there is always room for Madames, Pimps and moneychangers.

Of course Wayne seizes an opportunity to focus in on the stats driven by incent BHO's. The other guy out of the goodness of his heart just clones coupon/rebate sites and shares via the vStores model 40% of the take. Somewhere I see the same fate of those duped into the vStore senerio....plus some spam tactics, closed down sites that start to show promise (redirected to Mr. Big's domain) and some BHO plug-in to give it more traction.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> http://afftrack.com/products/itrack.asp - email Wayne Porter
    wayne@afftrack.com <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feel free to contact me. iTrack is a solution that can be used for incentive, loyalty, or charity shopping. It includes the data aggregation (TransTrack) as well as a very robust calculation engine. I would not call it an "out-of-the-box" solution. If you have a budget and are interested in such strategies please drop me a line. Please be sure to mention ABW so Haiko get's credit for a referral.

I would add that is also has a myriad of other uses i.e. tracking spend to return to develop granular ROI numbers. Keep in mind that we don't build sites for clients, we handle data. Our company is all about data handling.

Lastly I would add that AffTrack is not a BHO in anyway. Anyone propogating that nonsense is misinformed.

regards,
    Wayne

Wayne Porter
    V.P. Product Development
    AffTrack LLC.
    http://www.afftrack.com
    http://www.revtrends.com
    Get a free two-week trial use code ABWEB at RevTrends.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Oh, such mixed reactions I have! Let's see. I guess I'll just list 'em.

1. No wonder you've said that "loyalty shopping" and "brand building" is the way to go. What a vested interest!!

2. "If you have a budget." That's kind of vague! To one person, $1000 is a "budget." To another, it's only $100. But it could also be $10,000...

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    Leader,

For the sake of argument let's start budgetary concerns at a minmimum of 2k.

thanks,
    Wayne

Wayne Porter
    V.P. Product Development
    AffTrack LLC.
    http://www.afftrack.com
    http://www.revtrends.com
    Get a free two-week trial use code ABWEB at RevTrends.com

What do ethical concerns start at?

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Wayne,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Keep in mind that we don't build sites for clients, we handle data. Our company is all about data handling.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is part of your "data handling" providing some kind of turnkey approval to many merchants who yyou know will partner with such systems?

I've seen references that implied you do but certainly don't know it for fact. I'm curious if you do this either directly or via some other association that allows approval outside of an affiliate having to manually go through the networks and apply themselves to the programs.

iTrack handles CJ's SID's, BeFree's FlexTrack Feature and Perfomics custom tracking code (it's not supporting ShareASales sid though).

That's most of the time used by incentive sites to track who generated the sale/lead etc.

It can also be used by regular sites which use the networks features (sid, flextrack etc.) to track ppc's campains, site campains, email campains etc. etc.

I don't know if the incent sites are responsible for the implementation of that "custom tracking" feature into most of the networks or if the incent sites just exploided it and became the majority of affiliates who are using it.

Carsten

If you can't move things, try harder!

Wayne,

I'd also like to know what the price on ethics is today.

Andy

Well, that sure tells how the bread is buttered, don't it?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread