ABW Ambassador
    I want to post this here and not in their forum so as not to be edited.

I have nothing against Thmedia, check the posts, i have backed them up. But I feel what they are now representing on their pages as nothing short of fraud.

The pictures of "their" new datacenter? The webcams "they installed" - that is rackshack's data center, that is rackshack's webcams.

http://thmedia.net/about_us/tx/webcams.shtml
    vs.
    http://www.rackshack.net/english/colo/webcams.asp

Look, I don't own my own Datacenter either, it doesn't make sense to. RS has the lines, the resources, nothing bad in using them. But to try and make claim to your size and to use other pictures and info as your own? I find that very distasteful if not fraudulent. There is nothing wrong with being a small data center, but making up stories about visiting a datacenter that does not allow outside visitors etc - why the lies? What else are you lying about? People like your service, your support, why not just be happy with that?

Add to that if you do use RS - or do you just take their pictures - your claim of servers is also "incorrect".

Chet

Hmmmmm ... interesting discovery.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

I am a reseller too and would NEVER make such outrageous claims.

Upon looking at it, I thought maybe they were just being sketchy and that they actually USED rackshack...

BUT after reading THIS page

http://www.thmedia.net/about_us/tx/index.shtml

They go a step further and claim that THEY installed webcams and so on. This is fraudulent for sure!

I know they have a program at SAS and it is for sure that they have broken SAS terms... will we hear from Brian on this matter? I guess we shall see!

This really gives resellers a BAD name!

PS youll note on that page that they are also hotlinking to rackshack!

also, would someone at thmedia mind explaining these threads??

these are lies, i hate to way it, but it is true

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=2396054153

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=3776020453

bad Thmedia, bad THmedia...now go to your doghouse!

Black Out? you gotta be sh!tting me! - Nikola Tesla (while spinning in his grave).

ABW Ambassador
    I've never denied that our servers were on their network. Additionally, it wasn't a lie about us going to Texas. They have rules about guests in their datacenter where their clients are. We did in fact make an arrangement with them, and that was done in person. I've stated in other threads the size of our company, and it was a big deal for us to make a move. We aren't talking about setting up 1 or 2 or even 10 servers. It was a larger project than that.

I'm sorry that feel that we are a fraud, but I have been honest with our clients and the membership here at ABW, and I'm sorry that you see it another way.

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT AND HELP GORDON GET HIS NEW SHIRT...(He Needs....He Wants it....Grrrrrr)

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

[This message was edited by TH Media on August 23, 2003 at 11:21 AM.]

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    People should really get their facts straight before making accusations. Took me a whole 2 secs to see that rackshack and thmedia are using the same datacenter.

I've never once heard Tom state anything else but what they are actually doing. When you do ARIN look ups, tons of hosting resolve to Everyones Internet.

This thread strikes me as a petty jab with a possible ax to grind behind it.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

How are you being honest with your clients when you are claiming that you own this equipment and also that YOU personally went there and personally installed webcams on rackshacks property??

Maybe Im misunderstanding this, but it isnt looking good.

You have taken pics off rackshacks site, in one of your forum posts, you claimed that YOU took these pics yourself!

This stinks!

ABW Ambassador
    I have my facts straight.

EV1=RACKSSHACK, so they do not use the same data center, Rackshack is the datacenter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>New Texas Facility: On July 1st, TH Media announced the expansion of its network to a 3rd Data Center. This state of the art carrier class data facility is located in Houston, Texas. With redundant everything, this facility will allow us to take that next step in the growth and development of our company. You can also see photos of our Texas Facility in our Photo Gallery.

TH Media has also set up Web Cam's throughout the facility to give our clients an inside view. Feel free to watch in on us in our Web Cam Gallery.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on. You say you setup webcams, you did not. You also say feel free to watch you in the web cam gallery - you will never be in the web cam gallery, you do not have access to the data center, you are not working on your servers, you are not setting them up, all of that is handled by rackshack employees. They do not do colocations.

So do you mean to tell me the above quote is honest? Not misleading?

As for your size, 20 servers are a drop in the bucket to RS and they do not treat you like a golden boy for having that many with them. Going back thru your threads, I see misleading or incorrect information after incorrect information.

I stand by my post. And BLFH, I suggest you get your facts straight.

Chet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BLFH (Ms. B):

This thread strikes me as a petty jab with a possible ax to grind behind it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, it does. kinda like "splitting hairs"

But I will answer a question as to "why choose THmedia?"

Because they rock!!

Could not find a nicer place to do business!!
    Could not find a more helpful group!!
    Could not find another place that will patiently help the ignorant at all hours of the day or night!!

ohh, and thanks for the cam links - had not seen them before!! I love cams :-)

Vicki

But if the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
    It can pierce through dust no matter how thick. dylan

ABW Ambassador
    Vicki, did you read my post? I say, people love thmedia's service and support, i have no axe to grind, but if you have that, why fib so much?

So the truth is now an axe?

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Just received an e-mail from RS asking to remove the images. Whats funny is I have it in writing....that we can use those. Regardless, I am removing them for now and follow up with the powers that be at EV1.

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT AND HELP GORDON GET HIS NEW SHIRT...(He Needs....He Wants it....Grrrrrr)

[This message was edited by TH Media on August 23, 2003 at 11:22 AM.]

Why does it have to be a petty jab? Because you are trying to defend a friend??

These statements are simply untrue.... (made by thmedia here on their forums)

"Once again, TH Media is growing at a rapid pace and we find ourselves expanding. We are in the process of setting up at an additional datacenter in Houston Texas.

With that, I'd like to note that myself, Michele, Michael M, Jason and several sales people will be heading to the new datacenter to start getting things set up"

And...

"I'll have some pictures of the new place when I return as well"

And...

"Things are moving right along in our new datacenter. We have our first 5 servers on-line, tested and ready for action. Tom and the gang are still there getting things settled in as far as office space goes and getting ready to add more servers. We'll have some photos and network info on our site next week, upon Tom's return"

Thats just the beginning!

Ok, so you are embarrassed that you stood behind someone that you thought was 100% honest! That isnt our fault! It isnt the first time someone has been fooled here!

I did a thorough search here and didnt find ONE post of them saying they are affiliated with rackshack! Also, I dont see anythign thru arin.net oer whois saying that they are even affiliaetd!

Furthermore, upon talking to rackshack, they have never even heard of this company! Call them yourself and ask for Lance! They seemed rather shocked that someone would just take their pictures off their site and claim to be their own and that they owned the equipment!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    Vicki, did you read my post? I say, people love thmedia's service and support, i have no axe to grind, but if you have that, why fib so much?

So the truth is now an axe?

Chet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chet - I do not fib nor do I lie.

I said I like THmedia and their service. That is the truth.

And, yes, I did read your post and no, I don't see what the big deal is.

Vicki

ABW Ambassador
    So you have a special contract with Rackshack? I know people with over 100 servers there, and they have never gotten a special contract. I have never heard once ever at webhostingtalk about RS having special contracts. Ever.

They do their volume, you like it or your don't. I would really be interested to see this special contract. Could you scan a page or two?

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Vicki, where do i say you fib? I am talking about thmedia.

If you read my post, why are you making accusations against me? What is your intent? Yeah, doesn't work that way because you are saying the truth - so why doesn't that work for me?

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    I hope that this is going to be looked into by a moderator.
    If TH Media have been making fraudulent claims, then surely something should be done about their right to maintain their forum?
    It looks to be as though TH Media are claiming that they own the datacenters. This is clearly not true. Evidently they don't even have permission to post the pictures of the datacenters, as they have been asked to remove them.
    If TH Media is just another reseller, then they should not be claiming anything other than that they have access to the datacenters, and not that they own them.

What is going on here?

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

ABW Ambassador
    Chet,
    Let me get back into the office and I will provide you with whatever it is you want. Like I said, I have been 100% honest with ABW and our clients.

It is also unfortunate that we've been accused of things like this, and it changes how things will be handled.

[This message was edited by TH Media on August 23, 2003 at 11:22 AM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chez Noir:
    Vicki, where do i say you fib? I am talking about thmedia.

If you read my post, why are you making accusations against me? What is your intent? Yeah, doesn't work that way because you are saying the truth - so why doesn't that work for me?

Chet<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok, it is split hairs thursday...

Chet, in your post directed AT ME - you used the word "you" - I took that to mean "me."

As far as the truth - ok, well for one thing I am sure that you are not privy to any contract or agreement that Tom has with a company. So, to be saying that he doesnt have right to use this or that without explicit knowledge is just making a statement and hoping it is true.

As far as making accusations against you in my previous post - I did not. I stated my opinion on your post - that is all.

Vicki

ABW Ambassador
    I did not contact rackshack. I did ask someone in chat if they had changed their dc policy as I have always been curious about that as the big RS hosts I know are not local to texas and have never requested access, though odd you brought the whole gang down from virginia to move into your new data center, I guess i misread that.

But you want to keep playing like you are being all honest, and I am twisting your words. That is just not the case.

Case in point.

From the page:
    http://thmedia.net/about_us/tx/index.shtml

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The facility, features around 30,000 square feet of total space, redundant UPS systems, generator backup, VESPA detection systems, closed circuit monitoring of all areas and entrances, card key access, 24 hour guard manned security, redundant a/c systems, and fiber from seperate providers. We are in discussions with additional providers for the ultimate in redundancy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are going to be getting rackshack more providers? Am I reading that wrong? Because from where I sit, that pretty clearly says you are going to be adding more providers to your Texas DataCenter, since RS does not allow drops or colocation, i am really confused how that can be an honest statment i am just misunderstanding.

Chet

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Hey Tom. Best of luck with this one.

And you probably though your friend GAYE's abuse was a tough one.....

I don't use any of TH Media's service, so I am not able to comment on the issue, just that I have never seen Tom do anything in here that would even hint at a question about his integrity.
    He has always been very professional and courteous to all in here.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    This is thread is really

CJshoppingnetwork from THMedia site:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>TH Media leases its space in a State of the Art Data Center <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have never been under the impression whatsoever that Tom actually owns 3 datacenters. I've always understood that he resells. As do many, many web hosting companies.

I see hairsplitting here from pages that totally ignore the information on THmedia website that you have to go through to get to the page that was linked here. I would think that the majority of the THMedia clients (musicans, car delearers, etc) wouldn't understand how all this works if they were lead by the hand and could care less. Nor are they capable of running their own dedicated server through someone like rackshack themselves. Those who are knowledgable enough will take one look and get it. I've seen posts asking Tom in the past if he resells and he has always answered yes and been upfront about which datacenters he uses and provided links to those datacenters. That's actually more than most hosting companies do who resell.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

ABW Ambassador
    Chet,
    I never indicated that there was twisting of words. Speaking with Rackshack, we were told we could use content such as that...and that is what we've done. That is their content we were told could be used in explaining the TX datacenter. I've never claimed that we own that datacenter. The subject has come up before, and I have never said that we owned it, nor claimed that it was ours.

I'm locking this thread, not to defend a friend, but to stop the horsehockey that can and most probably will ensue from this thread.

Tom has gone out of his way to help members with affordable and usefull (plan7s) plans and offered superior service (Much better than I have even gotten at interland!). If someone wants to take Tom's word for it or see the other side that is their decision, there is sufficient data.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread