Couldn't resolve host 'www.popshops.com' error
    Warning: Couldn't resolve host 'www.popshops.com' in /server/local/home/user/mysite.com/wp-content/plugins/popshops/popshops.php on line 307
    line 307

line 307 is
    PHP Code:
            trigger_errorcurl_error$ch ), E_USER_WARNING ); 
    I just noticed this. Haven't changed anything. Servers were recently relocated, I didn't think the host changed anything...but they probably did huh?

What were you doing when you got the error? I've been using popshops today with no problems ... both directly and the WP plugin.

Sue.

The word "resolve" usually refers to DNS. Open a command (DOS) window and ping popshops.com. The domain name should resolve to an IP address and proceed to ping that address. If it can't resolve you'll see a host not found error. This indicates that the DNS server that your local computer is querying can't find a record for the domain. If that happens, try changing the DNS server in network settings on your desktop computer to a different one. Otherwise I'd say the link is somehow trying to connect to an invalid address.

Both www.popshops.com and popshops.com resolve fine here.

X

Writing to support*at*popshops.com gets you a quicker and more definitive answer than posting here for a specific PopShops problem. Sometimes they don't even see it until the next day in here.

See it here

I'll check out the ideas mentioned eventually. Working crazy hours in the real world right now...

Forget about the DNS suggestion above. A couple of the google links given above gave me the error too. Looks like a problem in the code for the link.

X

Can't believe I haven't gotten round to fixing this yet! Busy year...

Anyway, I think it is related to the host switching to running php as cgi.

It's messing with wordpress automatic updates feature on that server as well. Couldn't resolve host 'downloads.wordpress.org' error when updating.

Hopefully something can be changed on the server side. I don't think they will switch back to running php as a module.

The hosts tech support thinks the issue must be related to some PHP functions that try to connect to www.popshops.com

Could you please turn to the developer of that plug-in to know what PHP functions should be used in it to connect to their site and then provide us that information in this ticket so we can check our PHP configuration and adjust it for your site. Thank you for your patience and kind understanding.

I had to be persistent with the host for nearly 2 weeks, but I finally got them to fix it on the server side. Something to do with DNS was not configured properly.
    Last edited by jazzylee77; January 22nd, 2009 at 06:52 PM. Reason: spelling

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread