Question Any suggestions for cordless mice?
    For the first time in years I'm using a mouse with a cord ... and the cats are reminding me why I switched to a cordless one I've seen a few rechargeable cordless ones for sale but am a bit worried as to how long the charge would last ... I do tend to spend a fair few hours a day in front of this PC. My old one uses batteries and I got irritated with them running out of power all the time.

Has anyone got any recommendations or suggestions?

I use the MS Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 which is serving me well. I need a mouse with buttons on each side and have them set for "back" (last Internet page) and "forward" (next Internet page). The only thing I don't like about this one is that when you press in on the wheel (set to double click) sometimes the switch won't make unless I nudge the wheel slightly to the right. I even took it apart thinking I could adjust it but no such luck. MS has several models to choose from.

X

If you've already got a wireless mouse, just buy better batteries. There are some very good new ones out that last much longer like Energizer Lithium (Blue/Silver) they cost more but last a lot loo0O0oOnger. I use a Logitech programmable which is handy for editing - tilt wheel right=enter, tilt wheel left=backspace or whatever speeds your work.

I have a wireless Intellimouse Explorer (MS). It goes for 4 months before it needs batteries. YMMV.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...s.aspx?pid=003

-sfcom

Oh ya, my mouse is in use probably 10 to 12 hours a day. I change batteries no more often than every couple months using cheepo Kirkland batteries.

X

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread