Has anyone heard of this CMS?
    I'm considering different Content Management System software.
    Has anyone tried eZPublish?

http://ez.no/ezpublish

What do you think of it?

[the installation seems complicated to me -- I'll give it more attention during the daytime -- but it seems as if this CMS has many desirable features under a General Public License.]
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Looks ok. Most of the sites I checked that were using it were very slow though. Watch out for that. (Mostly European though)
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    Looks ok. Most of the sites I checked that were using it were very slow though. Watch out for that. (Mostly European though)
    Is there a feature within the content management software that would slow down a site (created with that CMS) as opposed to multiple pages I could create myself with Dreamweaver (and adjunct options such as a forum etc...) or as opposed to potential sites I could create by other content management system software (i.e. Joomla, Mambo, Drupal, etc...whatever)?

It looks rather complicated. It almost seems easier for me to create Dreamweaver pages with adjunct blogs and forums and whatever with other software. The advantage of a cms is that everything is supposed to be created with one software but I'm not sure if that's truly an advantage (I also don't know PHP at the moment but I probably will learn it).
    Last edited by Rhia7; May 4th, 2008 at 10:35 PM.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

For those who are interested in Content Management Software, this looks like an excellent site for the purpose of comparison:

http://www.opensourcecms.com/

I downloaded eZPublish but the installation looks so difficult that I don't think I'll bother using it

I think it's easier to create pages with Dreamweaver and use WordPress for the blog software.

I don't have a forum but if I decide to have one in the future my host provides forum software (I'm not certain of the quality) or I could get specific software for the desired appplication.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    I've had MODX recommended by some folks who do a lot of sites, and will be checking it out thoroughly this coming week. It looks like a no_brainer to install, it's customizing templates and functionality and doing the mod_rewrite that are what need to be checked out.

http://modxcms.com/

ABW Ambassador
    Hey thanks for the heads-up Rhia7, will install and check that one out, and see what it takes to customize or modify it.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread