PPC and lead gen
    Hi all. I am an am for a lead gen company/advertiser/network. This job my first in the industry, and I have been in it less than a year now. We have quite a few short form offers (mostly debt) that convert on the first page for the affiliate with just a zip submit (while it takes a couple more pages to collect all the data we need for a sellable lead). Our offers are on a few of the big ad networks. This is the scenario:

1. I come in in the morning to see a huge spike in traffic from one subid from a big network.
    2. I look in our backend system and see that very few of the conversions that we paid for turned into leads for us
    3. I contact my account manager at the network to see what the deal is and they tell me "this subid does 100% ppc search, and it is one of my trusted guys, and he always gives me great results..."

Every time this happens, people I work with tell me that the affiliate is doing something pernicious, we need to block them, perhaps scrub some conversions, etc (which is the last thing I want to do to my affiliates).

This has happend at least once on every big network we work with over the last month or so. Enough to make me wonder if every time a bad affiliate is really the cause, because I trust my account managers, and I trust that they trust their affiliates.

My question: What could possibly going on here? Could it be my offers? We are not really interested in protecting our brands; no restricted keywords or anything. Is ppc search incompatible with short form debt offers? Or, is it just that their are some bad apples claiming they do ppc out there?

Sorry for the dissertation, but any help is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by FYCZach
    Enough to make me wonder if every time a bad affiliate is really the cause, because I trust my account managers, and I trust that they trust their affiliates.
    In the words of former President Reagan, "Trust but Verify".
    Quote Originally Posted by FYCZach
    My question: What could possibly going on here? Could it be my offers? We are not really interested in protecting our brands; no restricted keywords or anything. Is ppc search incompatible with short form debt offers? Or, is it just that their are some bad apples claiming they do ppc out there?
    You know what is going on here. Perhaps you don't want to face it, but you know. And you know what you have to do.

The lead industry is filled with fast buck artists and they sucker more people into their scams everyday. 'Make easy money requesting free info'.

Do what you have to do, to protect your lead buyers / clients.
    Someday starts today
    Military Discounts

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread