Question Feeds for Deals?
    Team,

Is there any way to obtain feeds for CJ deals? It'd be a lot easier than having to input deals. Does anybody know if this is possible? Thanks!

-Albert

http and a telephoto
    They have a deals feed, I don't know if you have to pay the $200 network access fee to get it. You would need to use the AAQ feature at CJ to inquire about any of the datafeed access.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

The "deals feed" they have is pretty useless. Actually, they have two. They're both useless, IMHO.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    The "deals feed" they have is pretty useless. Actually, they have two. They're both useless, IMHO.
    And why do you say that? Have you actually used CJ data feeds?

Yes, I have.

I'm not talking about the product data feeds. Those are fine.

I'm talking about the promotional link data feeds. Like I said, they have two:

1) One is a blog. It's incomplete, sometimes inaccurate, slow to be added to, often outdated, inconsistently formatted, etc.

2) One is a feed of links that you have to request. It defaults to "weekly" (or at least it did when I first asked for it), but even as a daily option the delay can cause you to get incomplete information. There are a ton of links in there that aren't promotions. There is a lot of duplication. There are promotions that aren't categorized right to be included. There aren't fields for things like coupon code, details, restrictions, etc.

I didn't find either to be the least bit useful.

Have you actually used either of them?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Yes, I have.

1) One is a blog. It's incomplete, sometimes inaccurate, slow to be added to, often outdated, inconsistently formatted, etc.

2) One is a feed of links that you have to request. It defaults to "weekly" (or at least it did when I first asked for it), but even as a daily option the delay can cause you to get incomplete information. There are a ton of links in there that aren't promotions. There is a lot of duplication. There are promotions that aren't categorized right to be included. There aren't fields for things like coupon code, details, restrictions, etc.

I haven't tried any of them yet. I need current up-to-date deals. I can't afford to post any deals that are old or expired... or poor deals in general. Only the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    They have a deals feed, I don't know if you have to pay the $200 network access fee to get it. You would need to use the AAQ feature at CJ to inquire about any of the datafeed access.
    Do you know where this AAQ feature is? Not sure where it is here right now...

Thanks for your help!!!!!!!

Talking promotional links data feed from CJ
    I know the following message was posted in 2005. But, I am trying to use CJ promotional link feed and have lot of challenges using it. The challenges are formating, inconsistency, improper description of deals etc. For example, there are no coupon codes for many coupons promotional link.

So i would appreciate your help with the following two questions. 1. Is there a better way to collect deals/promotional links from CJ and 2. How would a company like popshops.com help me with the promotional links/deals?

Thank you.

Raj

Yes, I have.

Actually, it was from 2008 not 2005, but no - there have been no improvements. A lot of manual work or third-party tools (and there are many threads on those) are necessary to keep track of coupons for CJ merchants.

ShareASale, AvantLink and LinkShare do a considerably better job with coupon feeds.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Coupons are actually better than limited time deals. We tried getting their feed for deals and had tone of problems. Buy.com uses their feed and that one works great. A few other merchants are OK, but the bulk are MIA or screwed up.
    Brad Waller | VP, Business and Affiliate Development
    EPage.com

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread