View Poll Results: Affiliate Summit, Boston:Are You More Likely to Visit a Booth or Merchant Mart Table?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Booth

3 30.00%
  • Merchant Mart Table

8 80.00%
  • Neither, I don't even go to the exhibit hall

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    To Booth or To Merchant Mart - That Is The Question
    Hi All,

I am wanting to have more of a permanent presence at the Summit in Boston since I've enjoyed great results at the past two Summits with Meet Market tables.

I am torn between a booth and a table at the Merchant Mart. A booth is what I have been looking forward to manning for the last month or so, but before registering I saw the option for the Merchant Mart.

So I pose this questions to affiliates:

What would you be most likely to visit? A booth or a merchant mart table?

Thanks in advance for your responses!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Outsourced Program Manager
    Hi Kim-

I ran the same question through my mind!

I decided to stick with the Meet Market table in the SAS Square. Based on a few comments that I've heard and read, I have a feeling that affiliates enjoy the Meet Market much more than the Exhibit Hall.

Good luck!

Renee

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Renee - Celebrate Express

Based on a few comments that I've heard and read, I have a feeling that affiliates enjoy the Meet Market much more than the Exhibit Hall.
    The Meet Market is more intimate and I think merchants and affiliates are able to better communicate and get to know one another in that environment.

I think a booth in the exhibit hall might attract more new partners. Guess it depends on what you're trying to accomplish, either a table at MM to meet with current partners or a booth to attract new affiliates into the program.

Tough call.

I think the Meet market is good if you want time during the rest of the Summit to attend presentations and not be chained to the booth.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

She's not talking about the Meet Market. There's a new option called the Merchant Mart. They are tables (smaller than a booth) in a special section of the exhibit hall and it's available only for merchants. In other words, this section will not have any CPA Networks, networks, or vendors. Just merchants. To me, it sounds like this will be where affiliates will want to go if they're looking for merchants, so it seems like the obvious choice for merchants.

I do highly recommend the Meet Market, too. And if choosing between the three, I would say Meet Market. If you go with two, I would say Meet Market and Merchant Mart (although Meet Market and a Booth isn't a bad choice either).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I had to vote for both of the first two choices. I thoroughly enjoy the Meet Market and I know I will spend time at the Merchant Mart - because it may "continue" the more intimate feeling of the Meet Market. However, at my last two summits I did take time to look at EVERY booth. Several did not interest me at all, but the ones that did interest me certainly got my attention. I spent as much, if not more, time talking with the folks at the booths that had something that seemed to "fit" for me.

The Merchant Mart is a new concept and (I am sure) will be well attended. But my initial feeling is that it may become like a two-more-day Meet Market. Not sure if that is good or bad. I'll have to be there to assess my feelings.

I will, however, be evaluating those impressions and watching the actions/activities of other attendees. I plan to have a presence at the Vegas Summit with our new project, and will need to decide among the choices - Meet Market, Merchant Mart, or Booth. I know we will sign up to be a part of the Meet Market - one of the other two will remain a future decision.

Soooo, how's that for, what amounts to, a non-answer?

On another note...Kim, did you get my voicemail?
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    She's not talking about the Meet Market. There's a new option called the Merchant Mart. They are tables (smaller than a booth) in a special section of the exhibit hall and it's available only for merchants. In other words, this section will not have any CPA Networks, networks, or vendors. Just merchants. To me, it sounds like this will be where affiliates will want to go if they're looking for merchants, so it seems like the obvious choice for merchants.
    Ahhhhhhh didn't know about the new merchant mart - very cool!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Great question,
    <li>Affiliate Meet Market Sponsorship with Full Pass - $1,995

• One (1) 6' x 2' draped table and 2 chairs at this session to display promotional materials for affiliate programs, networks and vendors. This is a networking session where you can meet one on one with potential affiliates, customers and clients. (Costs for electricity, Internet, etc. are additional.)
    • Includes one full conference pass.
    • This is a 6-hour event taking place on Sunday, August 10th.
    Merchant Mart - $2,495

This section of the Exhibit Hall is reserved for merchants with affiliate programs only.

The Affiliate Summit Merchant Mart Package includes the following:

• One (1) 6' x 2' draped table and 2 chairs. (Other costs such as cleaning, electricity, Internet*, etc. are additional).
    • One (1) Complimentary Full Conference Pass to be used for booth staff, clients or affiliates.
    • Two (2) Complimentary Exhibit Hall Only Passes to be used for booth staff, clients or affiliates.
    • Ability to purchase additional Full-Conference or Exhibit Hall Only Registrations at 20% off the prevailing rate at the time of purchase.
    • Direct Mail Contact List of Attendees delivered approximately one week after the Conference (Contents of which include only the Attendees who have opted in to receive advertisements from Affiliate Summit Sponsors/Exhibitors).
    • Your company description (up to 100 words) in the Exhibit Hall Directory (Subject to receipt of Description by the designated deadline).
    So the two days comes out to $500 more
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    In my opinion I would go with the Merchant Mart table over a booth if you are a first timer. Two reasons: less expense for a pop-up backdrop & graphics; it is located up front and will have less competition than an aisle.

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Chuck what's you feeling or opinion on the Meet Market v Merchant Mart?
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    If I was a newbie merchant or OPM I would do the Meet Market table first to test interest. If I was a lone wolf or just a small staff I would do the Merchant Mart. If a bigger presence you would need more floor space.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread