Question Do many advertisers allow deep linking?
    Some merchants allow for deep linking by having the destination URL available to be manipulated on Commission Junction which is fantastic. However, in order to know wether a vendor has provided the capability of deep linking you must first become affiliated with them. I am trying to get an idea of approximately how many advertisers will allow deep linking. And if possible, which ones.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Seems silly for any affiliate enabled merchant to not allow "deep linking". I could imagine limited stock/closeouts to be a problem area unless someone devises a way to jump the link to a category display when the items(s) go out of stock. TigerDirect does a good job of this. Deep linking is great as long as the shopper/buyer knows what to expect at the end of the click.

I'm spoiled as my merchant clients sell only stocked items so the landing pages never ever change no matter how deep you go. I just take some effort to build some complimentary or themed product landing pages to better the chance of getting an immediate conversion. Bundle similar items on one landing page based upon search terms.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Do you think the majority of advertisers on CJ will allow deep linking? Or just a select few?

Do you know any that specifically do? I'm looking for brands directly and preferrably no aggregators.

It sux that you have to become affiliated to find out, you know?
    Last edited by mostlyharmless; May 7th, 2008 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmless
    Do you think the majority of advertisers on CJ will allow deep linking? Or just a select few?

Do you know any that specifically do? I'm looking for brands directly and preferrably no aggregators.

It sux that you have to become affiliated to find out, you know?
    Being that the CJ affiliate tracking script goes directly onto the final checkout page it should not be an option or issue with a merchant. Checkout ... not the deep landing page... determines the commission reporting.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Yeah, it's just that I am trying to direct a customer to a specific category. I could just use product feeds to go to the item check out page.

Q: Deos commission junction track the whole sale once you deliver the customer to their site or just for the sale involving the product that you direct them to?

Quote Originally Posted by mostlyharmless
    Yeah, it's just that I am trying to direct a customer to a specific category. I could just use product feeds to go to the item check out page.

Q: Deos commission junction track the whole sale once you deliver the customer to their site or just for the sale involving the product that you direct them to?
    any product processed through checkout gets creditied to the referring affiliate regardless of landing page...

Thumbs up
    Thank you for your help but I am still wondering if it is a widely allowed thing to do my many merchants on CJ. I know to you it may sound like a silly thing to want to do but still want to.

p.s. I like your site.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread