Reversal Report question
    What exactly qualifies a transaction to show up in a reversal report? I am not quite clear on what Reversal Reports are for. I know that it sounds pretty straight forward, but I had an order "canceled by customer", therefore the commission removed from my totals, and it does not show in a reversal report, only my Activity Details report. I was working on the theory that the reversal report was for sales/commissions which were removed, canceled or otherwise nulled. Obviously I am incorrect, and I did not find a clear explanation in the help section, so can anyone explain reversal reports to me please?

Orders are canceled so I am not concerned at all about that part, only trying to clearly understand the SAS stats. Thanks!

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    They have very little meaning, best to ignore IMO.
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Layla,

Yes that is what that report would be for - I'm not sure why it isn't showing up for you but if you would like me to look into it further, please email me your userID so that I can investigate in your account. My email is brian at shareasale.

Bob,

???
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Brian the reason I said that is because for example you don't filter out affiliate test orders that are reversed.

Bad credit cards
    bogus orders

I brought this up in another thread, do you recall?

Therefore, IMO those stats are meaningless, we had a huge reversal % hanging over our heads for 30 days, no one wanted to join our program because of that. This stat I feel is invalid.
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Bob,

If you would like to test your account, there is a topic in the Help topics (top of screen on right) that gives you a link to test... any transactions through that link do not count against reversal rates, etc...

If an order takes place that goes through an affiliate, and it reversed - that goes against the reversal rate.... as it was a commission that was reversed.

If we allowed merchants to selectively void things and either make them count or not count against the reversal rate... they would always choose to not count.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Brian, I don't want to test my account!

These are affiliates that test their accounts and they don't know how to do it that way.

If we allowed merchants to selectively void things and either make them count or not count against the reversal rate... they would always choose to not count.
    That was not issue at all we had a situation where the affiliate and us both agreed that numerous test orders were place in error and you refused to change the reversal %.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the other networks don't bother with this stat
    Bob Pets Warehouse

Quote Originally Posted by PetsWarehouse.com
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the other networks don't bother with this stat
    I don't know if they do or not - but I think it is an important statistic and one that we will be keeping around.

In my opinion, it isn't a good idea to let merchants decide to have sales selectively count against their reversal rate. One exception leads to 2, etc... Those stats cylce in 7 to 30 day periods and eventually filter out.

Layla,

If you go to the "Transaction Edit Trail" you will see this transaction... It was edited by the merchant as opposed to being voided. Sorry for the confusion, I'l have a chat with the merchant and let them know the proper procedures for Editing vs. Voiding.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton

Thank you Brian, this makes sense. Since I am leaning more toward SAS I am trying to learn to make the most of the information provided in stats. I apologize if I started anything, I had just come to this forum to search for the answer first and asked here instead of sending an email. I always figure some other person like myself wants the answer also. It's all good.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread