Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Where is the eBay editor kit link on Partner Network?
    Okay, I'm not a big eBay affiliate and I admit I haven't done much homework in terms of reading all the documentation for the new Partner Network -- and I'm lost. I can't find the link on the Partner Network site for the eBay Editor Kit, which is pretty much how I've been making eBay links all these years through CJ.

Is the Editor Kit kaput with the Partner Network? If not, where have they hidden it on the new site? If it is kaput then what should I use in its place, what is that thing called and how do I create the links?

I'm very frustrated.

ABW Ambassador
    After you login, click Tools, then Widgets and then it will be to the left. Or you can use this link - http://eks-api.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EKCreate

Thanks Trust, you're a doll!

You know it says "Editor Kit" right under "Widgets" but I never even thought to look at the Widgets section. I suppose I should feel dumb but I'm too aggravated for self-pity.

Hey, do you know if there's a way to automate swapping the old CJ editor kit links to the new Partner Network editor kit links? That'd be awesome.

I swear I'm going to lose my mind!!!

I logged into eBay Partner Network. I click on the Editor Kit link and it asks me to sign in again! I sign in again and it tells me my password is invalid. WTF?!?

Anybody care to guess what I'm doing wrong NOW?!? It might just be time for a Wheineken.

ABW Ambassador
    With that, you have to sign in with not your Ebay Partner Network login but your regular ebay login. No idea why it's setup like that.

Ack! I am an idiot.

I figured out that I have to login using my eBay id, not my eBay Partner Network ID.

Gotta love somebody as stupid as me, doncha? I bet I make everybody else around here feel like a real genius. ROFLMAO

Edit: Thanks Trust, I think we cross-posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    I figured out that I have to login using my eBay id, not my eBay Partner Network ID.
    Are you saying that when you click to go to the editor kit you're required to login again? That's never happened here. I just tried it. I log in to the ePN and can go to the editor kit under the ePN login. Since switching to ePN I've never had to use my eBay login for anything.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    Are you saying that when you click to go to the editor kit you're required to login again? That's never happened here. I just tried it. I log in to the ePN and can go to the editor kit under the ePN login. Since switching to ePN I've never had to use my eBay login for anything.
    Does that mean YOU'RE special and we're not?

Yeah, I always have to log in a second time, too, using my eBay seller/buyer ID instead of the EPN ID.
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    That's weird, I still have to login with my regular ebay login. Of course I never have to login now since I have the line of code and just make changes to it for new pages.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    Does that mean YOU'RE special and we're not?
    ...Well, perhaps special in the short bus sense.

I think I just figured it out though. I'm always logged in to eBay with the stay logged in box checked. I bet ePN is smart enough to know I'm already logged in. I'll have to do the test to see if that's it.

X

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    That's weird, I still have to login with my regular ebay login. Of course I never have to login now since I have the line of code and just make changes to it for new pages.
    So, you mean you just put in the appropriate campaign ID, custom ID, adjust size, colors, etc., from the code you've saved? Sounds do-able.

(Confession: I rarely use the Tools at EPN, because most of what I'm doing is via WordPress sites and the wonderfully nifty phpBay Pro plugin for WordPress.)
    Generate more fake news.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    So, you mean you just put in the appropriate campaign ID, custom ID, adjust size, colors, etc., from the code you've saved? Sounds do-able.

(Confession: I rarely use the Tools at EPN, because most of what I'm doing is via WordPress sites and the wonderfully nifty phpBay Pro plugin for WordPress.)
    Yep, they're all pretty much the same, the only thing I change is:

search term
    title
    custom id
    search description (depending on the search term either a n or a y)

"I'm always logged in to eBay with the stay logged in box checked."

Ah, that's probably it.

That's basically how I use the editor kit here too. Initially created the link, integrated it into the site's code from which product pages are dynamically created. Variables in the EK link insert all the custom stuff from the appropriate database fields.

X

With that, you have to sign in with not your Ebay Partner Network login but your regular ebay login. No idea why it's setup like that.
    It's like that because the EK is a public tool, and it was public long before it was an affiliate tool.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread