Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    Hasta Florida - Hello Mountains
    Well, with a bit of the blues we left our Gulf retreat after 4 wonderful months of fishing and sun and caught an early morning flight back to Colorado today.

The past few days were busy time as I had lots to do to prep the Slush Puppie for storage, clean and wax our FL cars, and pack tons of stuff to bring back, as well as several boxes we had shipped yesterday. It was a great fishing year - and great learning year...

Mr. Jones came down and spent five days with us along with Donuts. We caught lots of fish, drank a few Irish Whiskeys, RB&V, Beers, had great conversations on the lanai until 4 a.m. the first morning, and 3 a.m. the third day and solved most of the problems of the world.

Then Scooter came down in March and drove over with Donuts to spend a few days at the Casa. More great fishing, long and interesting conversations, beerse and bulls! Whew, it was a good year. - thanks guys!

This season on the Gulf I learned much more about the back bays, the where, when, what and whys of it all. Caught a variety of fish on both spin and fly rods too. Just such a rewarding learning year for me on the gulf waters. Had a couple of adventures too. Got stuck in a lightning and monsoon-like rain storm on the water with Donuts one evening. Had probably 30 - 50' visibility, got ourselves drenched to the bone, but hey, we caught a ton of fish that day, so another great memory on the sea! Donuts has become my favorite boat mate in FL and hey buddy, I'll miss our outings and visit time until next season. He is the best boat mate I've ever had and I've had many!

We got a different slip about half way through the season this year too and it worked out great. Our neighbors on the marina, many of whom live on their boats during the winter season, were really fun / nice / interesting people, so we made new friends, spent many an evening on one boat or another enjoying cocktails, good music and great conversations! Yet more new memories and new people in our lives.

On the ups and downs side, I had a stainless steel prop stolen right off the engine on the Puppie which did not make me real happy. Also had a new radiator, water pump and AC compressor installed in the Jeep and bought Ellen another Saturn for her run around car. But at least we are all set when we get down there again next winter.

So now we are back in the mountains, I've got my first trout fishing trip planned for a week from Tuesday and then again on the 27th. Then in June we are off to the Green River in Dutch John, UT for 5 days of the best camping and fly fishing in the country. In the meantime we are in progress on a new affiliate program that we have been working on since last October, so we are moving ahead with a target of August and I can't wait to introduce it to you all. You are going to love it!

Well, got a little jet lag so it's rack time - Later gang!
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Sleep well.

Welcome back to Colorado!

What, did the tarpon stop hitting?

Leave those poor trout alone, Alan. You're the last thing they need to see at sun up. With a ***** Creek tied on, and 12 feet of 1 pound leader. And probably a drink in hand.

(On a side note, I picked up another nice smallie in wicked fast water today on a Muddler Minnow. He was only 12 inches, but he turned into some heavy current and had me worried for a bit. Thanks for encouraging me to fish more. Life has been much better since. I might have even gotten smarter.)
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Oops. That little censored part is actually the name of a trout fly pattern. Sorry if bells and buzzers went off in NYC....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    Happy to hear you had a safe trip back! Sorry to hear about the prop though, that bites.
    Looking forward to seeing pics of the upcoming outings!
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

So, welcome "home," Alan, sounds like you had a wonderful snowbird season. Working and playing in such an accommodating locale - just awesome - WTG. I liked your paragraph about boating/marina life and the camaraderie that exists there. Your brief description brought back memories. So now its back to the "grind" of all that mountain stream trout fishing, but somehow I know you'll make it through the next six months. Enjoy.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin
    Thanks for encouraging me to fish more. Life has been much better since. I might have even gotten smarter.)
    How could THAT be possible Kevin? Reading about your bass last week and then hearing that you got another one yesterday on the fly made me smile! Happy to hear that you are getting out and balancing your focus man. Great way to untie the knots!

* on the pattern you mention, yes indeed the B * T * H creek is a slammer in a lot of rivers out here, mostly up in WY and MT, and it always raises a few brows when you mention it at the church social! LOL
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Florida is a lesser place without you and Ellen being here.

I'll see you next winter (if not sooner) in FL for more adventures on the water!

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Safe travels, Alan & Ellen!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Thanks everyone - it feels great to have been up in the mountains today enjoying the sunny 65 degree temps and whiffing the scent of the pines. I spent the day power washing the garage, driveway, the whole exterior of the house, all the decks, deck furniture, getting the cushions back on the deck chairs, putting up all the umbrellas on the deck tables and washing windows!

I got into a rythym this morning, and just stopped for the day at about 5 p.m. so I could finally have something to eat today. Got more to do tomorrow as we have a business meeting Sunday and then Mother's Day barbeque, so it's no rest for the wicked just yet! But aside of missing the times on the ocean this year, it is great to be home and getting ready to chase Rainbow trout for the next 7 months.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread