Question TheFind
    Is anyone else seeing a lot of their links showing up at TheFind.com?

yes

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    No

ABW Ambassador
    No recent searches
    AND
    No recently viewed items

Real HOT site...

They are stealing my PopShops links. I have blocked their bot but they keep on getting them. I blocked them in htaccess too but the clicks and sales keep coming from there. I just don't think that someone sets out to build this wonderful place as a gift to marketers and don't like being in their site.

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    They are stealing my PopShops links. I have blocked their bot but they keep on getting them. I blocked them in htaccess too but the clicks and sales keep coming from there. I just don't think that someone sets out to build this wonderful place as a gift to marketers and don't like being in their site.
    Unfortunately bots don't have to do what the robots.txt tells them to do [or not do]. Your best bet would be to block IPs that the bots are coming in on [if you have that ability].

X

Why don't you want your links in there if you're getting sales?
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I'm a little confused about this... I thought TheFind was just another affiliate site..? Unless it's a diff url from the one I'm familiar with...

Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    Why don't you want your links in there if you're getting sales?
    I don't have anything against getting sales, but how many sites have you built to feature other affilates' links? I don't know why my links are there, no one asked me to agree to having them there so I don't like having them there. I do not know what their game is but I think somewhere down the road I'll find out. Things that are too good to be true usually turn out to be too good to be true.
    Their site says their bot (Fatbot) is compliant so I guess they just keep using their scraped links from their database. I have blocked their domain in .htaccess.

I don't have anything against getting sales, but how many sites have you built to feature other affilates' links? I don't know why my links are there, no one asked me to agree to having them there so I don't like having them there. I do not know what their game is but I think somewhere down the road I'll find out. Things that are too good to be true usually turn out to be too good to be true.
    Their site says their bot (Fatbot) is compliant so I guess they just keep using their scraped links from their database. I have blocked their domain in .htaccess.
    I think they've probably just mistaken your site for a merchant site. There's no game that I know of. I think their goal is to have the most products of anybody and it's probably pretty easy to accidentally mistake an affiliate for a merchant with that goal. You may just fall out naturally since you aren't a merchant.

- Scott

So that's why. I am a merchant, and it is my merchant site that is being hit, but they are affiliate links, off in their own section. I have quite a few pages on that site that are affiliate pages for related products, but no shopping cart or cart links are on the affiliate pages, don't want to confuse my own customers. The affiliate pages clearly tell people where the products are being sold, but their links bypass all that info. It's like the links floating around in MSNLive search unattached to their own context.

So that's why. I am a merchant, and it is my merchant site that is being hit, but they are affiliate links, off in their own section. I have quite a few pages on that site that are affiliate pages for related products, but no shopping cart or cart links are on the affiliate pages, don't want to confuse my own customers. The affiliate pages clearly tell people where the products are being sold, but their links bypass all that info. It's like the links floating around in MSNLive search unattached to their own context.
    So that would explain it. Probably not best to have the aff links on your merchant site.

- Scott

Sorry, but I don't see any reason not to sell relevant products to people who are looking for the same thing. If it reduces my work, all the more reason to have them there.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread