Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tracking issues again...
    Looks like several of us are having issues with EPN tracking again. I know several associates of mine reporting that the last two days sales and ACRUs are way down while clicks are remaining the same.

Something is just not right with EPN and now we don't have CJ even to possibly look into any issues.

I am gonna run some tests this weekend and see but something tells me the rates are very bad for affiliates in comparison to what issues we had with ebay on the CJ network.

EPN is an unmitigated disaster, and eBay personnel have quit responding on the affiliate board entirely and have ceased replying to emails.

I suspected we were being hung out to dry, and I was right.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

I emailed them yesterday about an auction that didn't track and got an email back this morning. The email wasn't helpful (basically: we can't find it - how do you know it didn't track?), but it was a response.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    You know I was about to start a thread like this but was going to wait it out to see what happens but mine is down as well. Last month it really started going good for me and then the beginning of this month is another story.

ABW Ambassador
    Ah yeah, was just reading some of the threads at their place - http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum.jsp...mID=1000000047

Do they ever respond over there? I see a lot of those type of threads about things not being quite right.

This weekend and next week a few of us are going to start running test purchases for EPN. I think this time we are going to publicly disclose our results. We found when we did this before that CJ/Ebay could lose up to 30% in tracking.

This time the 7th is showing nearly a 90% loss in what is been average. That is enough to send up flags and investigate further.

Our regular eBay sales are in the dumpster right now. Could be that sales are generally down which would effect affiliate sales.

X

Forgot to mention...

eBay has come out with a couple promotions which leads me to believe they are scrambling to get sales up.

Yesterday began a week long listing promo; 50˘ listing fees for fixed price listings.
    Today I got the email about a free gift for every purchase and a Disney Vacation contest. The more you buy the better your chance of winning.

X

No, this has nothing to do with overall sales in the industry. These are tracking issues period. How do I know? I have several niches that are rarely affected by seasons or slow times. Those same niches are not down in any other way other than EPN.

There is something up with their tracking and conversions. Period. How bad it is remains to be seen.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Due to the volumes I put through, I can usually spot problems at eBay fairly quickly.

But I'm still stuck over at CJ, of course, so I can't help out.

We do a considerable volume ourselves and that is why it's easy to see there is a major issue.

The ePN completely sucks at the moment. Sales are down. I typically average about $250 per month, but last month I made just under $40. When eBay was with CJ things weren't nearly as bad as they are now. To try and earn some loot I've now joined a few other programs in CJ related to my niche as I'm on the verge of abandoning eBay altogether.

I keep having a nagging feeling that eBay is not tracking properly, but my EPN EPC is only 1 dollar less than my CJ eBay EPC. This is on approximately 7,000 buy clicks per month.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

I think their were issues at CJ where ACRUs weren't accurate in favor of affiliates. Really, who hasn't had an ebay account at some point by now? Move on, this program is sinking.

ABW Ambassador
    Well, that's why getting paid part of the fee is great. Still get ACRUS too. It's not so easy moving on** since they really have no competition. Would like to see things get fixed but it's kept me as of this point, starting any new promotion for them.

**Not a major deal to me since they're just one of many merchants but must be a big pain for a lot of affiliates who have sites primarily around them.

We're new to aff marketing and ePN is currently our primary program. Income from just three months of participation, while still quite meager, is continually growing. Our month to date EPC is $24.60 and commissions are appearing daily without interruption. I know that reporting/tracking problems do occur and are not necessarily consistent across the membership. Reporting for us seems to be on track (no pun intended).
    Quote Originally Posted by shopsat24seven
    Move on, this program is sinking.
    I don't intend on moving on and don't anticipate the ePN sinking anytime soon...

X

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Quote Originally Posted by shopsat24seven
    I think their were issues at CJ where ACRUs weren't accurate in favor of affiliates. Really, who hasn't had an ebay account at some point by now? Move on, this program is sinking.
    You wouldn't say that if I showed you my stats.

I guess it depends on the niche of products your focusing on. I've never had luck with them. Programs with EPC of $3 - $5 are not going to get my attention. I'm sure others have better EPC than that, but not me.

A little ironic.

When I first started affiliate marketing I was sold on the concept of an independent third party "tracking" company "protecting" my commissions that could "ensure" my hard work (away from life, friends, and family) would be paid off.

Isn't that the original model of "affiliate" marketing model - at least online anyway??

To the above posts - YES, please publicly disclose the results of your tests.

To Ebay Stockholders - SERIOUS Changes are needed in the affiliate management division and have been needed for quite sometime.

While Amazon may have lower payouts - consistent RELIABLE commissions at higher levels of volume may be something to consider for stressed out ebay affiliates.

When I first started affiliate marketing I was sold on the concept of an independent third party "tracking" company "protecting" my commissions that could "ensure" my hard work (away from life, friends, and family) would be paid off.
    Everything is still overseen by Mediaplex just as it was on CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby131313
    Everything is still overseen by Mediaplex just as it was on CJ.
    Huh?

Overseen? Oversee tracking responsibilites - I understand, but protecting affiliate interests?

Can we contact Mediaplex when we have missing commissions, acrus, etc. for assistance?

Could you with CJ?

What's odd are the reports on the eBay board from (isolated) people reporting major downturns in revenue when switching from CJ to EPN, but then once the deadline was bumped a month they switched back to CJ, and their numbers are returning to where they should be.

That implies that the problem is not in the tracking, but in eBay's backend reporting system. They're intentionally or unintentionally shorting affiliates.

And of course they are being deathly silent on the matter. Been about two weeks since any eBay rep posted on their own board. They were there like gangbusters for a few weeks, and then disappeared en masse... staying away in droves.

I wish there was some sort of a penalty for such raging incompetence.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

Tracking for clicks seems to be working just fine. So far we are showing clicks are near 100% accurate.

However, keep in mind we are still tracking and compiling our tests, conversions of those clicks to ACRUs and sales is not showing very well. The issue also seems to be inconsistent day-by-day. Some days it's pretty accurate and other days it's beyond incorrect.

Because of this day-to-day issue we are going to have to test further longer periods to see. However it is CLEAR and FACT (to us anyway) that EPN has tracking issues. Whether it's ebay doing something in the backend to save money or just their system not working well with it's own cookies and scripts I am not sure. There is no real way we can test those issues.

I should have some daily numbers by Saturday I hope. I will post our results here. Right now we are primarily dealing with ACRUs since that seems to be the biggest issues with folks.

ABW Ambassador
    Apparently they responded:

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.js...=1210742745696

Basically, they give a few reasons why it's not them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast