ABW Ambassador
    Need help with Rackspace
    Last year, I contacted rackspace to tell them I no longer needed their services. They would not let me go unless I complete the contract which expired 30 April this year. I had to pay each month all the way, which I did. I tried to pay my April invoice in May but could no longer access the portal I used for years to enter my credit card number to make the payment.

I contacted rackspace for help. No reply.
    Got demands from them to pay up instead.

I replied telling them I am trying to pay up but cannot login asked for help so that I can enter my credit card. No reply.

Got a final notice demanding payment or they would set the collection after me.

Replied again asking them how and where can I enter my credit card no. to make the final payment. Still no reply.

What can I do? They keep threatening me but will not even let me in to make the payment.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hold on a few, I'll try to dig up my old contact, she was pretty free of crack smoke...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Okay--my email hoarding has paid off. I still have my old cancellation ticket.
    Signed by...

Nancy Moore
    nmoore [atttt] rackspace . com (added the extra "t"s to try to gum up email harvester bots)

She might try to tell you she's not on "your support team," (she's Team G, IIRC...they changed my "team" at the end, so I'm just slightly unsure) but will probably listen to reason if you don't go away.

As I thought about it, I remembered that they did the lockout right on-the-dot on my cancellation day, too.
    My guess is that you'll either have to snail-mail, phone, or fax in your payment, since they probably deleted the "MyRackspace" account. But maybe Nancy can keep it from being sent over to collections in the meantime.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks Leader. I wasted quite a bit of time trying to get the password reset etc.
    The least they could do was to reply my email and tell me how to pay, rather than sending threatening emails without even bothering to help a former customer pay them the final bill.

One thing's for sure. If ever I need a dedicated server again, it wouldn't be from rackspace.

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    They aren't going to have a collection service go after you in SG.
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks. I had the image of loansharks banging on my door and spraying the walls red.

Hello Janice,

My name is Matthew LaBarre from Rackspace and I would love to discuss this with you. Please give us a call at 800-961-4454 (Int'l 1-210-312-4600) so we can rectify any issues you are having. Ask for me personally and I will make sure we resolve this for you.

Warmest regards,

Matthew LaBarre
    Account Manager
    Rackspace

Rackspace is awesome. This is the first real problem I ever heard that seemed legit. We use Rackspace as well, we use to use GoDaddy. Do not buy a Godaddy dedicated server. We had so much problems with hard drives failing, the OS crashing, and their response time was beyond terrible. So we switched to Rackspace. Rackspace has certified technicians there 24/7 who actually know what they are talking about. The only thing about Rackspace is the price, it's around $5k a year for a server, but it's worth every single penny if you have a serious business that cannot afford to have any down time. I think this is why NASA uses them.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread