ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Getting around ABW is now as frustrating as SAS in how SLOWWWWWWWW it takes to get around. Is there a way to speed it up? I hate to think what person on a phone connection must have to ordeal.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    WW,

Are you having problems all the time or just today? Haiko posted he was working on some backend stuff on the board today.

I'm not seeing a problem here for me at the moment.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

Its the graphics on the top that slow it all down, the triangle ABW is almost 18k in size, the Affiliate Marketing Forum graphic is almost 28k, then there are banners avatars and html, an average sized page should weigh in at 100k or more.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JJJay:
    Its the graphics on the top that slow it all down, the triangle ABW is almost 18k in size, the Affiliate Marketing Forum graphic is almost 28k, then there are banners avatars and html, an average sized page should weigh in at 100k or more.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The main index page is 375k at the moment (IE properties).

I don't think that includes any graphics, css or javascript includes if there are any.

I'd say high-speed internet is by far one of the best investments I've made towards affiliate marketing. I'm not experiencing any major slow-down at the moment, but ABW does take a long time to load in general. I can't imagine what it would be like with 56k.

It’s slow as Christmas on 56k. Of course I’m still coming off of a DSL high from moving to a place where I can’t get broadband, so everything seems slow. Especially trying to get links from Commission Junction.

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    ABW was totally down this morning for awhile when I tried to log on. I assumed we were down to the wire and Gordo and Joey had developed some kind of bot that kept posting over and over and crashed the server!

FYI B several times today including right now -when I try to edit a post I get a timeout error and sometimes server not found.

Linda Buquet :: Affiliate Management Consultant :: Catalyst eMarketing.com
    5 Star Affiliate Programs :: Top Paying/High-Integrity Merchants :: Visit ABW Forum
    <FONT COLOR=red size="1">EveryTicket Sports/Concert Tickets :: Irv's Luggage Warehouse :: Executive Essentials Office & Gifts:
    DentalPlans :: HealthPlans :: Avid Hosting :: IntellicontactPro :: zZounds Music :: Roadloans :: MORE!
    </font>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The main index page is 375k at the moment (IE properties).

I don't think that includes any graphics, css or javascript includes if there are any.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe it, and yes that's just code. Has anyone taken the time to count how many forums there are lately? I swear, we're not so far from the 200,000th forum.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    It has been slow over time and down to barely a crawl last couple days.

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

ABW Ambassador
    Could be your location. I have seen it slow, but not that slow.

IamJaloppy

The problems I have tend to be with all the scripting running I believe. Sometimes like this morning the images don't load but normally they do. This place is nearly impossible on a poor dial-up but not too bad on 56k. Broadband it loads fast but the scripts slow it down.

It always seems for me that the "new posts" link is slow.. but not unbearable, just a little slow...

New posts seems to be running very slow for me tonight. Must be everybody waiting for the big news!

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

It's always been fast for me on my DSL but tonight it is very slow. But everywhere else I have been is also slow tonight.

Ron

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

Connecting to ABW has always been slow for me. The load is of no consequence now that I am doing the DSL thing (sorry 56K users). I finally moved to somewhere I can get a faster connection.

It's the initial request that is slow for me 3 -4 seconds.

Fred

<font face=verdana size=1 color=43639C>[B]You might just be a Parasite if..."You can't schedule a family reunion until after the parole board meets"</font>

We must have a good cable connection because the board always loads fairly fast for me considering the size of properties.

Ray Thomas
    DesignerWiz.com CEO
    Development Resource & Javascript Public Archive Center
    http://DesignerWiz.com

Thank you ... I'll get on this immediately

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

ABW Ambassador
    It may or may not help but the Mrs noticed a significant slowdown earlier today and after looking at it, I found that the google toolbar had turned on whatever that shared computing BS is where they use your processor.

The default they set when it was turned on was to allow the use of 100% of our processor! It didn't do this on my machine just hers? It could be a contributor to your slowdown so if you have the toolbar, you might want to keep an eye out for this.

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!
    ===============================

Hi,

The problem may actually be the UBB script. I realize that ABW is running the UBB InfoPop-hosted option, but UBB, hosted or not, is known to be extremely sluggish, particularly as boards grow larger with more member and messages.

Additionally, many hosting companies no longer even allow clients to run UBB on shared servers.

Personally, we started with UBB, switched to Vbulletin, and then moved on to phpBB. I've found phpBB to be the best by far and it's free!

Just my 2¢...

Maria

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread