Looking for a PHP or Python based datafeed management system
    Does anyone have any suggestions for a good server-based datafeed management system for creating affiliate storefronts.

I am thinking of something similar to PopShops but that I can actually host on our own server and customize as needed . Would prefer PHP, but can work with a Python - based system as well.

Does something like that already exist?

Arlington, VA
    Are you looking as a merchant or an affiliate? On the affiliate side people have scripts which do part of the task which you could use as a start.

For example all the scripts at:

But regardless of what you do, you will need to start doing a ton of coding yourself. You find very quickly that you need to do a lot of custom coding for each company, affiliate management company and individual data-file. Then as you get better at the import steps, you will spend a lot of time on database and parsing optimization.

As an affiliate. I already have a few sites that I've had developed around specific data feeds, but it almost feels as if I am reinventing the wheel with every single site.

I saw a number of different programs on Hotscripts (and actually testing one of them right now) , but I was wondering if anyone knows of a specific script which works well. Price is not that much of an issue - scalability and flexibility is.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread