Mondays are usually a good day for me but today it was great traffic but very little sales. What's that all about?

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

Affiliate/AM Moonlighter dflsports's Avatar
    I think I stole all your sales. I'm having a record breaking day today (for the month of august anyway)

So many people are saying the same exact thing. Something is up either with reporting, thieving or visitor quality.

I'm leaning towards visitor quality issues because of how many people that are saying traffic is up. If it's up with so many people; how can that be and why? Is google picking up junk traffic from somewhere? Is it google traffic?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Google could be listing things under irrelevant keywords. I've seen it happen where G puts too much importance on certain links on my pages, for instance, and lists them in all odd categories! Needless to say, I am then bombed with dud traffic.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

ABW Ambassador
    My August started horribly slow, sort of as expected (and following a noticeable drop off in late July). My site is seasonal and was expecting that. But, recently, things have been picking up again.

Also, I think in general August has to be the slowest time on the web for ordering stuff. While sales obviously happen (big ones too, as I caught a $2600 one myself), in general, people are outside or away from their homes doing stuff. And those that are surfing around are probably more in a look mode than a buy mode - especially on a site like mine which caters more to summer activities.

Now would be a fine time to have a "back to school" type site, though. Oh well, maybe next year.

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    I saw the big boost in traffic today as well but it sure wasn't dud traffic. I had a record day in the number of transactions and almost broke my sales record.

===============================
    PeePee merchants with PooPoo policies allow our earnings to be flushed down the crapper.

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants directly support what many consider unfair trade practices and thievery!
    ===============================

Isn't it the accepted wisdom that, at this time of year, lots of people are 'window shopping', not really in buying mode?

ABW Ambassador
    It must be relative to what you are promoting. Certain items do well all year, others seasonally, yet others fluctuate even more.

But now many people should be back from their vacations - that could be both good and so-so.
    Good because they hopefully buy more, but so-so because they just spent a lot of money on their vacation and are just browsing for a while....

Well if this is a slow period, I can't wait until it picks up! This month has been great and expect to reach a big milestone at the end of the month if it holds up.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread