Automated Text Link Generation Crawler
    Hello!

I would like to know if any of you affiliates/publishers would be interested in buying a crawler software package that automatically crawls CJ periodically, generates the latest deals/offers with your affiliate id and stores in a database for your use. These links are in a cloaked form and routes the user to the actual affiliate URL only when the user clicks on it.

Let us know. We are trying to figure out if you would be interested in this software.

Affiliate API Team!

No, sorry, affiliate links are the lifeblood of my business, and I wouldn't trust anyone else to translate them for me. Where is the database, who owns it, how do I know if all clicks are passed through, etc etc. Too many unknowns for me - my links are in my own database.

Who would be selling this software..? Is it CJ..?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone
    No, sorry, affiliate links are the lifeblood of my business, and I wouldn't trust anyone else to translate them for me. Where is the database, who owns it, how do I know if all clicks are passed through, etc etc. Too many unknowns for me - my links are in my own database.

Who would be selling this software..? Is it CJ..?
    I'm with you teezone.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    If it's storing the links into my own database, yeah it sounds interesting.
    How much?

But better yet would be if it could generate a CJ-format datafeed of deals (actual deals, not just whatever links are new...and, it'd need to avoid including expired ads).

I would want the links so they don't have to rely on any kind of offsite processing in order to work.

And another thing, the code would have to be accessible. I don't like to drive things where the hood is "welded shut." Even though I'm not a "coder" per se, when the code is changeable, I often can make edits that result in customizations that make a software more suitable to my particular needs.

Also, what does CJ think of automatic crawling? I wouldn't want to buy a software only to have it IP banned, or have crawling end up forbidden in the next version of the TOS!

Last but not least, any script I buy must save me a substantial amount of w*rk!!! The whole point of buying a program, IMO, is that IT is going to be doing the work. So if this is one of those things that takes 1/2 hour for each setup (like some supposedly "automatic" content writers where you really end up spending more time than if you just started typing!)...then no thanks.

I'm only interested if this is really something that'll do ALL the link-gathering work for me AND can automatically tell whether a link is new/old, deal or not, etc. Also if it catches any coupon links, it needs to grab the coupon code that makes them work, as well as the link itself. Any need to go into the links interface for specifics would make the point of having this software moot.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Here are some highlights of the software:

1) You own the database. So, all data is in your shop hosted by you.

2) The software would be run on a lightweight Apache server with a MySql database.

3) As part of the setup, you need to set up certain configuration parameters in a database table:
    a) Your publisher id
    b) Frequency of crawl for each partner (comes with a pre-set default)

4) You will need to sign up for programs yourself. Each time you get approved for a certain partner program, you will then enter that partner id in a source data table that the crawler uses.

5) The crawler does a complete crawl (not just incremental for new deals) each time and inserts all "current" deals each time and marks old and expired deals as inactive. All inactive deals are purged periodically leaving only the current deals as active.

6) Since this uses the CJ web service and the program is hosted by you and run from your IP, CJ is fine with it. In fact, I have tested this for a few publisher id's already and things seem to work just fine.

The price point for this software will be set soon. Any feedback on this would bne appreciated as well. This is one software that is aimed to be something that the "automatic affiliate" cannot live without.

Affiliate API Team!

Has CJ explicitly told you that it is OK with the load put on their system by your (hopefully) many bots?

Quote Originally Posted by affiliateapi
    Here are some highlights of the software:

1) You own the database. So, all data is in your shop hosted by you.

2) The software would be run on a lightweight Apache server with a MySql database.

3) As part of the setup, you need to set up certain configuration parameters in a database table:
    a) Your publisher id
    b) Frequency of crawl for each partner (comes with a pre-set default)

4) You will need to sign up for programs yourself. Each time you get approved for a certain partner program, you will then enter that partner id in a source data table that the crawler uses.

5) The crawler does a complete crawl (not just incremental for new deals) each time and inserts all "current" deals each time and marks old and expired deals as inactive. All inactive deals are purged periodically leaving only the current deals as active.

6) Since this uses the CJ web service and the program is hosted by you and run from your IP, CJ is fine with it. In fact, I have tested this for a few publisher id's already and things seem to work just fine.

The price point for this software will be set soon. Any feedback on this would bne appreciated as well. This is one software that is aimed to be something that the "automatic affiliate" cannot live without.

Affiliate API Team!
    This sound very good. Will need to be rock solid and maybe have some additional "real life" options like:
    Deal with the monthly CJ website, not available issues;
    Deal with any real life data problems;
    Provide a PHP function (maybe a module for the most popular CMS systems: Drupal, Joomla, ...etc...) for integration with current PHP sites;
    Have ways to check data integrity;
    Provide some manual overwrite mechanism;
    Like most software especially when you start, price should be real low (maybe even free until you reach, X number of active users) and then charge a yearly fee for upgrades ($20 to $50 year?).

While on this topic.
    Some CJ tools that would be needed:
    - Provide some easy to install, use and administer, PHP module to deal with the vendors datafeeds (plug and play type thing).
    - Provide a tool that detects new merchant links and emails then to a web address.
    - Provide a tool with "reporting" and/or "links only" access rights to CJ.

"Trust" is key in this business and with only a few post here at ABW, it will be difficult for you to develop a following...

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread