low impact aerobics exercise tape??
    Think that's what it would be called?? Made a search and couldn't find anything but not sure I'd be referring to it with the correct term.

What I'd like to know is: have any of ya used any low impact aerobics type exercise dvds?? Not whining but am limited somewhat with types of exercises I should do on accounta boo boo back. (no bungee jumpin type stuff ) I had a yoga for back video on my site, asked my doctor first and was kinda surprised that he thought it was a great idea (his wife even does yoga) so have been doin my yoga everyday and love it (umm basic stuff here...definitely don't do anything that makes me look like a pretzel or anything ) I ride a stationary bike (which isn't the best on a boo boo back but doin it anyway) so was thinking of adding some type of low impact exercise.

Seems it doesn't make a difference how I eat or anything have inherited all the stuff from my Mom so trying mostly to lower cholesterol by exercise. (ya know those commercials.....well, yeap I've inherited em from my Mom) I know there are a bunch of dvds but would rather get one that I know somebody else has liked (Not just somebody I don't know ) So.......come on now, speak up if anybody knows of any??? Please

Hey Kathy -

Personally, I absolutely love Turbo Jam! It's aerobics and dance and stress relief all rolled into one. The music is really good and most of the time I don't even feel like I'm working out. You can make it as high or low impact as you want and my mom, who also has a bad back (3 surgeries) loves doing Turbo Jam with me. She has to modify a couple of moves, but it seems like they take that into account and actually show people doing the routines low impact. Everyone at Netshops knows when I've done Turbo Jam in the morning because I come in with loads of extra energy!

Hope that helps!

Hi purplebear. I put your title ("low impact aerobics exercise tape") into Memolink's product search and found several results from some of our shopping partners - J&R (JR.com), Overstock and Wal-Mart.

Back in the day, good 'ol Jane Fonda was my fav. (Now I go to classes at the gym.) Jane Fonda's Personal Trainer Collection from Wal-Mart is a lot of bang for your buck with three DVDs for around $14. Each have two workouts, which are a half hour each. Good luck!

Take Care,
    Nicki Hayes

Thanks a lot both of you, will look into everything mentioned. Appreciate your suggestions.

Try Denise Austin - Low Impact Aerobics -- she created a series of helpful videos.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Thank you Rhia7, will look into them, too. Think I have her on my site, just didn't know anybody that had actually tried em or knew much about em.

ZUMBA~ the routines are so fun! There's no wrong way to Zumba, plus great music and you can go at your own pace. Some ladies even sit out for a song or two until they're ready to jump back in. I know it's "sweeping the country" so you might want to see if it's offered near you. I just love it. ~K

Hmmm, never heard of that...sounds good tho. thanks
    Seein this thread just reminded me, somebody sent me an email with a suggestion, have to reply back to em. oooh, I'm bad for bein late on that, if you're reading, sorry gonna go do that now.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    Thank you Rhia7, will look into them, too. Think I have her on my site, just didn't know anybody that had actually tried em or knew much about em.
    Denise Austin is good

I have a couple of her tapes on VHS.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread