Is this OK with SAS?
    hallo ,

I newbie in SAS network , so I may ask a lot of silly questions ..

I'm wondering if its allowed to put my referral link in Google Adword program , this way the traffic wont come from my won sits !

also I want to ask if its allowed to use add my Affliliate links on Adword Referral program which required people to register for $

- Also It says that I must put my referral links in websites with English language , so I want to ask is it allowed to advertise the merchants items / product or services in other websites / forums with other languages but to refer them to my English pages .

- Is it allowed to use PAID TO SURF /CLICK programs ..?

- How to choose the merchant that really pay , and does not cheat his publishers !

Thanks a lot in advance

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

thanks alot for prompt reply ,

I read the agreement before , and some of my questiond i notice now are answered there ..

But I still do not know about google adsense / adword issue ..

Also Sending emails to yahoo / google groups if they are treated as SPAM

You cannot SPAM. You cannot SPAM. You cannot SPAM. We will terminate your account on the first offense of SPAMMING. Do not send email to lists or groups that you do not have permission to send to. We cannot stress this enough, we WILL terminate your account on the first offense.
    Read it again, it's all there!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Thank again Haiko for you patient ..
    Yes , Im not that good with English and some of sentences may have more meaning ..

Im not sure yet about Adword Prog , I did not find it ..

and here other questions i need their answers too

- Is it allowed to put my affiliate link on one of my site BUTTONS ( in the site horizental or vertical menu )

- also I want to know if I may put the affiliate links on texts with shor forms like ( Register For host account ) , ( Sign up best survey Reward Program ) . and thats it with no many details

Thanks again
    Last edited by eurekaa; May 13th, 2008 at 08:18 PM.

For anything that you might feel is not covered by their Terms of Service, I would strongly encourage you to do 2 things.

1.) Think if it's how you would want to be represented if someone was advertising on YOUR behalf that you hadn't met.

2.) Contact them directly, and patiently wait for a response.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Google no longer allows the landing page (link) to be a domain different than yours anyhow...

Quote Originally Posted by gmejia123
    Google no longer allows the landing page (link) to be a domain different than yours anyhow...
    The final destination can't be a domain different from the display URL, but the destination URL can be something different - as when you use your SAS affiliate links.

Eurekaa, some merchants do approve of using Google Adwords to promote them, and do approve of direct to merchant PPC ads. Many do not. Read the merchant's PPC Keyword guidelines to find out which is which.

Also, putting your affiliate link on your site is precisely what merchants want you to do, but NOT IF YOU DECEIVE, LIE or MISLEAD visitors into clicking those links. Usually horizontal or vertical menus are used for navigation, allowing the visitor to move around your site. If you have a menu button that says "Site Map" or "Home" and it's your affiliate link, that's wrong.

Most merchants that don't allow PPC ads want you to create at least a page on your site which has useful or helpful text content which promotes their product/service. This is where you place your affiliate link.

If you try to trick your visitors into clicking links you'll have a low conversion rate and will anger your visitors, the merchants and probably be kicked out of the network. Be honest, don't deceive people, and you will succeed. Affiliate marketing is not about scamming people.

The final destination can't be a domain different from the display URL, but the destination URL can be something different - as when you use your SAS affiliate links.
    So in other words you are saying to use a redirect script on the add landing page? Wouldn't that hurt your QOS score? Just curious, I haven't been playing with PPC for very long..Thanks in advance..

Quote Originally Posted by gmejia123
    So in other words you are saying to use a redirect script on the add landing page? Wouldn't that hurt your QOS score? Just curious, I haven't been playing with PPC for very long..Thanks in advance..
    Nono, I'm talking about Google adwords specifically. If you've created an adwords ad then you'll have noticed two lines, Display URL and Destination URL. The display URL is what you display to the world, the destination URL is where people actually go when they click your ad. The destination URL is where you would put your SAS links. Technically, these SAS links go to SAS redirect scripts.

Because these redirect scripts go where you promised in the display URL, they're ok.

If you create your own redirect page and go anywhere else other than where you promised in the display URL, you'll be punished with the great big google *****slap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_C
    Nono, I'm talking about Google adwords specifically. If you've created an adwords ad then you'll have noticed two lines, Display URL and Destination URL. The display URL is what you display to the world, the destination URL is where people actually go when they click your ad. The destination URL is where you would put your SAS links. Technically, these SAS links go to SAS redirect scripts.

Because these redirect scripts go where you promised in the display URL, they're ok.
    Keep in mind that many merchants (SAS and non-SAS) don't allow their shopping site's URL to show as the display URL. Take a good look at their PPC rules to see for sure.

-sfcom

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread