Angry GoldenCan PHP code with Godaddy
    Switched to godaddy and now my php page doesn't work. Searched and searched and tried changing htaccess and php.ini no good. Is there a simple fix? Shared linux hosting option in GoDaddy. Thanks

Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/content/z/o/o/zookdog/html/special-discount-products.php on line 56

Warning: include(xxxx://xxxxxx.aspx?ver=2.0&SID=3fea4...fox%2F2.0.0.14) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/content/z/o/o/zookdog/html/special-discount-products.php on line 56

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'xxxxx://xxxxx.goldencan.com/GetData.aspx?ver=2.0&SID=3fea4a49-9cbe-42b2-bd57-45b72e8c846e&Host=www.xxxxxxx.com&PageURL=%2Fspecial-discount-products.php%3F&IPAddress=76.109.218.185&UserAgent=Mozilla%2F5.0+%28Windows%3B+U%3B+Windows+NT+5.1%3B+en-US%3B+rv%3A1.8.1.14%29+Gecko%2F20080404+Firefox%2F2.0.0.14' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/z/o/o/zookdog/html/special-discount-products.php on line 56

I changed the urls to xxx for this post
    Last edited by zookdog; May 13th, 2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: clarify

Lightbulb
    in php "allow_url_fopen" should be on. many hosting companies make this option off by default, due to potential problems.

better check with godaddy

Thanks, I changed that earlier and same issue. I sent support a email but have a feeling they will be no help.

Dave

Unfortunately, I've heard that GoDaddy's hosting can be a bit quirky. I know a lot of people use them successfully, but I don't believe too many "serious" webmasters use them. IMHO, It might be time to switch again before you get too involved in a platform that may continue to frustrate your development efforts.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Thanks, just need this one page to work. So hopefully someone is using the code on godaddy and can help.

Dave

Lightbulb
    if your page doesn't use search function try this:

<?php

$URL = "http://si.goldencan.com/GetData.aspx?SID=xxxxxx";

$PageURL = urlencode($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'].'?'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']);

$IPAddress = urlencode($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);

$UserAgent = urlencode($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']);

$goldencanurl=$URL.'&PageURL='.$PageURL.'&IPAddress='.$IPAddress.'&UserAgent='.$UserAgent;

// create a new CURL resource

$ch = curl_init();

// set URL and other appropriate options

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "$goldencanurl");

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, false);

// grab URL and pass it to the browser

curl_exec($ch);

// close CURL resource, and free up system resources

curl_close($ch);

?>

change xxxxx to the SID you get from GoldenCAN

this has worked for me, for the same reason.

That fixed it! Thanks

Dave

goldencan on godaddy
    Tried that as well and fixed first problem (same as first post) but now get this error:

Missing Required Value "Host". Please use the latest code.

Any advice appreciated. Host is godaddy. HTM file (but error is same when renaming file to php). htaccess is updated. php ini does have fopen set to on.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Mr. GoldenCan
    If you are getting the error message as

Quote Originally Posted by pepperstix
    Missing Required Value "Host". Please use the latest code.
    Looks like you are using the same old GoldenCAN code for new stores. Login to your account at GoldenCAN, go to the modify page of the store, coupon or search integration you are using and get the latest php code.

If you are not able to use the include function in PHP, try using the readfile($URL) function instead of Include($URL) function.

I'm trying to get this working on Dreamhost. Neither the original nor the readfile methods are working there as both include and readfile seem to be disabled.

The code suggestion above works for the index page but category pages crash.

What car to buy?
    Yippee! It works. Thnx Asif. The readfile($URL) change fixed it. Of course, fopen in php.ini has to be set to On.

Now, which car to buy with all that moolah I'm gonna make!

I had this same PHP on GoDaddy problem too. If you need more info see the thread here: http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=96280
    I think the problem I was having was the great GoDaddy customer service

ABW Ambassador
    Another popuar hosting company doesn't seem to allow GC, that is LunarPages, I signed up with them a few days ago and Goldencan pages don't load. I tried using CURL as well and it still made no difference so I had to move them to another hosting company.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread