ABW Ambassador
    I am planning to buy a costly M$ software. The software retails fro $3500+. In eBay, I could find it for about $2000. Never used, never registered. Comes with the certificate of authenticy.

Before I spend that much amount, I want to be sure it is not legally wrong to use such software. The company who is selling this is a power seller and got good feedbacks. They claim that they buy softwares from bankcrupt companies.

Let me know what you guys think. TIA.

Should be legitimate...make sure its coming from inside the US. Beyond that, I think I'd just be happy to be saving the money.

KCEdit:

I love saving money as much as the next person, but I'd be a bit leery. I can print up my own certificate of authenticity and make it look legitimate. I dunno, maybe I'm just being a prude.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

Make sure its a full commercial version not for educational sale.

ABW Ambassador
    There are legit copies of software on eBay, and there are illegit copies of software on eBay. Never buy anything this expensive without asking questions first. You'd be amazed by the number of people that buy expensive stuff on eBay, yet never contact the seller beforehand.

I once helped a coworker sell some Microsoft server software on eBay. His copies were totally legit--direct from Microsoft. He just didn't have any use for them. I had very few people contact me before the end of the auction, yet the software went for a decent price (yet still a mere percentage of full retail).

As with everything else, do your homework beforehand, and make sure it's from a reputable seller. Beyond that, all I can do is to wish you good luck.

Michael

Retired Member
    Call the software company and tell them what you are planning.

Be honest. They will be able to tell you the hassles you might encounter.

They might also offer you a discount to get you to order direct from them

Retired Member

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks a lot. I'll do my homework before I give my CC. That company also sells direct from their web site, but the price is higher than eBay "buy it now". Seems legitimate from the look and feel. They also offer 30 days money back on all orders. I'll send an email asking for more details.

Check there feedback and sales record
    Software is one of the biggest scams on eBay,I am a TA for them so just check it out especially their feedback rating.
    Good luck

I bought Dreamweaver Ultra Dev on ebay for $130 at the time it was retailing for about $800. I also bought it from a company that dealt in selling off assets from company bankruptcies. Before buying the software I asked if the software could be registered and they replied that it could and would send me a letter of ownership transfer if I bought it, and if it could not be registered I could return it for a full refund.

Anyway the day I received it I installed it and promptly registered it with Macromedia, didn't need the ownership transfer letter as the software had not even been registered yet.

glaikit, I don't suppose you remember that user id do you? I could always use more software.

Chris

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

cditty it was quite a while ago but I was able to track them down through my PayPal account. Thier ebay ID is auction-partner, and they have a website at http://www.auction-partner.com/index.htm . But I don't know how much software they are carrying now.

ABW Ambassador
    glaikit, thanks for their link. Their id is a great ebay resource, knowing you can trust the buyer means everything on software purchases.

Chet

Ditto. Thanks for the link.

Chris

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread