Thumbs down Search engine is timing out on searches, or very slow
    anybody else having search engine issues? i did some general single word and phrase searches from my goldencan search field and I am getting readfile PHP errors.....(looks horrible on the page).....this started on and off this week for me.......today is the worst.....5/14

weird.....now about 15min later i can get some searches to come right up..........somebody playing at home??

well, then I tried a huge one word search and it timed out, then came up after a reload..............still issues......
    Last edited by bigsite; May 14th, 2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: add more info

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsite
    weird.....now about 15min later i can get some searches to come right up..........somebody playing at home??

well, then I tried a huge one word search and it timed out, then came up after a reload..............still issues......
    We are testing multiple stores with small and large quries and search is working faster as expected. can you please send me the URL of your store so i can see why your store is working slow?

Cool
    sorry I didn't get back ASIF, whatever it was it has been fine, however, on occasion I have to put an automatic reload into the page to get things to appear ....but that might be GC fighting with another search I have on the same page

Mr. GoldenCan
    sorry I didn't get back ASIF, whatever it was it has been fine, however, on occasion I have to put an automatic reload into the page to get things to appear ....but that might be GC fighting with another search I have on the same page
    You can't have two searches on the same page and then have the automatic reloading again. This is like making 4 calls within same seconds by the same user. GoldenCAN system will slowdown your queries automatically if it finds that you are loading same page again and again within same seconds. When we are serving millions of queries we have to make those automatic settings in the system to prevent the abuse.

We have made many changes and hardware improvements within last couple of weeks, which has increased search speed upto 8 times as compare to in the past.

I have requested before, if you have search problem, please email us the URL so we can do the research why you have certain search speed problem.

Asif...........i am not making 4 calls to GC..........unless each search requires 2...........at the most, i am making 2 because a reload is required to load a non-GC search and GC on one page...i will probably move that reload to the frame since GC is not the problem.............

...........the slowness was not even on that page.........anyway it was temporary and everything is good GC is improving, that's for sure

Mr. GoldenCan
    ...........the slowness was not even on that page.........anyway it was temporary and everything is good GC is improving, that's for sure
    Thank you very much for noticing that. We are serving millions of page views daily and always monitoring the search speed in milliseconds. If anytime you feel that search is not working as expected please let us know so we can look into it right away.

I too have noticed an improvement in GC's speed, Thank you for that!!

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread