Being a Mom
    So last night was my eldest daughters Freshman Farewell concert....she sings, has for years....and last night was the awards ceremony and such....she had been working at earning the coveted plaque for her school for the last three years, and she was also due to sing the closing song of the night....well sadly she didn't get the plaque and still had to sing 30 seconds after it was awarded. I am so proud of her for holdingit together, she did start crying immediately after she left the stage...but I wanted to share....this is definitely not her best performance vocally, but I am so proud of the strength she showed through her pain...It amazes me every day at the strong young woman she is becoming....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw10Z-zgxeM

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Oooooooooooooooooooo bless her heart. She did great under all that emotional pressure! I can imagine how you were feeling, too. Arghhhhh - so hard to watch your baby have to handle that and maintain. :-(

She's beautiful Aunesty! She'll go on and kick some butt all the more because she didn't win the plaque - sometimes adversity is a good jolt toward success. Looks like she'll take that energy and make it work for her.

Extra hugs to her from me!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Lovely video

She's very talented.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    So last night was my eldest daughters Freshman Farewell concert....she sings, has for years....and last night was the awards ceremony and such....she had been working at earning the coveted plaque for her school for the last three years, and she was also due to sing the closing song of the night.... Pioneer Trail - Freshman farewell
    To me, she did a good job!
    [QUOTE=Rolet]
    well sadly she didn't get the plaque and still had to sing 30 seconds after it was awarded. I am so proud of her for holdingit together, she did start crying immediately after she left the stage...but I wanted to share....
    So what? - She may have not won that plaque at this time, but she did a good job singing after it was all over.
    this is definitely not her best performance vocally, but I am so proud of the strength she showed through her pain...It amazes me every day at the strong young woman she is becoming...
    But so what?

At least she had the courage to do what she did!

If I was able to judge her performance like in the American Idol gig, the only thing I didn't like that much was the way her hair look on that video, because it looks too yellow, even for a blond ... but ... it's just a youtube unedited video, so what do I know?

But you should have posted a title to that link with her name at least!

Think about it...

Something like: "My daughter - Freshman farewell Song"

Your post is an example of one of the best things about ABestWeb ~

Thank you for sharing your beautiful and talented daughter. She has a bright future.

Gina

Ride It Like You Stole It CowgirlUp's Avatar
    What a beautiful and talented young lady! It's so hard to see our little ones hurting, but it sounds like she's has her mother's strength =]
    Be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Well, I can certainly tell who's daughter she is. Exhibiting strength and poise in the face of disappointment is certainly a sign of strong character. She is quite the attractive young lady and very talented.

I can see why you are so proud of her. Thank you for sharing a part of your life with us.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

awwh agree with all the others. She's definitely beautiful and talented and you definitely should be proud of her strength That will help her soooo much in life Am very sorry she didn't get the award but think as her Mom you've even more reason to be proud of her cos of how she handled it.

Dress - $125
    Hair - $75
    Lessons - $500
    Courage, Strength, Poise, Heart, Beauty - PRICELESS

Proud Parent Moments make the rest of my day, my stress, my self-inflicted pressures - seem so unessential, and make it worth getting up everyday and doing it all over again.

I tried being a mom once. Then I decided that was best meant for my wife.

Tax Paying Member
    I am just a DAD, but I find my emotions tied to my daughters emotions.
    I do understand your feelings. Daughters do make us proud.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

About 10 years from now, I will possibly be watching something similar with my daughter. Thanks for sharing a part of your life with us here. She did a wonderful job.

-sfcom

You have a beautiful daughter and so very talented, too. It's hard to watch them go through pain, but it does remind us what wonderful people they are turning out to be.

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    She rocks!

Isn't it so wonderfully rewarding when a moment like this happens? When she is able to be strong, go on with the show and then still feel comfortable enough to share her emotions afterwards? Tough times will happen throughout life, and they aren't ever what we planned for. When those times come, she'll be able to handle them straight on and with dignity and poise. As a parent, you can't really ask for much more than that!

You've done great, Mom!
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Aunesty!! She sang beautifully. As a singer I can say that singing when you have a lump in your throat and are about to cry is VERY difficult. If you hadn't told me what was going on in her head, I never would have guessed.

I love Jan Holthus!! She is an amazing choir teacher and does a great job of teaching students at that age the ability to tune and achieve chord accuracy. I have worked with her and some of her students when I coached their barbershop quartets for the Harmony Explosion event over the last three years. The lessons your daughter learned from Jan will help her be a stronger singer in high school.

Tell her...one singer, to another....she did GREAT!!!

Sheri

Hey Sheri!

we are going to miss Jan so much, Angel has been singing with her since elementary school and through this year, 5 years! Jan has been such an inspiration to her, that Angel has decided she wants to be a JR. High Choir instructor...Jan won't be out of our life though, her oldest daughter and Angel are good friends and they will be at East together in the same music program.

Harmony Explosion is awesome, How come I didn't see you at PT? Angel has always worked with Maria Lerner-Sexton (also her private soprano voice coach) when they have done barbershop quartets "extra" instructor ....She sang Lead last year but this year she sang Tenor, it is on You Tube as well....

I am very proud of her, she has grown a little more each year, and you know how much the plaque means at PT, and she was so disappointed, but she is thrilled for the other girl and as the saying goes "the show must go on"

OMG!!! Marie Lerner-Sexton was my choir teacher in High School. I'm glad to hear that she is still singing and teaching.

I would be at PT early in the morning before classes started. What quartets was she in? I'm almost sure that I must have worked with her. (she looked familiar when I watched the video) I have judged Harmony Explosion a couple of times but this year I was the Contest Administrator tallying scores and such. And I was the lead section leader for the girls chorus because the girl that was supposed to do it had lost her voice.

Such a small world.

Sheri

I just looked her quartet up. I DID work with her. Too funny!

Sheri

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread