ABW Ambassador
    Products Allignment Question
    When the products are selected from different merchants, they line up on different levels. One image could be lower or higher than another one, so as the title and description...

The shop ends up in a terrible products lining.

I wish all the merchants will use a standard size for their products images, or maybe popshops should come up with some kind of standard for merchants to use?

Does anybody know if there is a way that I can allign the images and descriptions on Popshops? Thanks.

(I know I can set the description length, position of the images thru style editing, but that just won't work for my problem)

I believe some of the merchants add extra whitespace in the images creating havoc for those of us that like things to line up nicely (I'm with you on this one).

If you find an offending image and copy and paste it into a graphics program, good chance you'll see that extra whitespace. So the images themselves are actually lining up, but some have extra space and some don't meaning the products don't always align.

At least that's what I've found so far ....

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by joyaz
    I believe some of the merchants add extra whitespace in the images creating havoc for those of us that like things to line up nicely (I'm with you on this one).

If you find an offending image and copy and paste it into a graphics program, good chance you'll see that extra whitespace. So the images themselves are actually lining up, but some have extra space and some don't meaning the products don't always align.

At least that's what I've found so far ....
    Thanks Joyaz.

I'm not sure how others eliminate the problem. To me, the only way will be not to use those products with extra whitespace images . Hopefully popshops and merchnats will come out some solutions soon. There are quite a few merchants' products I like to use on my sites, too bad if they have the odd images...

I'm not sure what sort of control Popshops gives you over the HTML, but one way to line up the product text in a grid view is to give the product image div a fixed height that is taller than the max height of any of the images. That way each of the product titles line up.

A good way to ensure no image is too tall is to cache the images and resize them before displaying them. I'm not sure if Popshops has implemented this yet, but I'm sure it would be helpful.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    I'm not sure what sort of control Popshops gives you over the HTML, but one way to line up the product text in a grid view is to give the product image div a fixed height that is taller than the max height of any of the images. That way each of the product titles line up.

A good way to ensure no image is too tall is to cache the images and resize them before displaying them. I'm not sure if Popshops has implemented this yet, but I'm sure it would be helpful.

- Scott
    Scott, Popshops provide html, php, javascrip codes for the products we pick from different merchants' datafeed. I don't think there is much we can do when create a shop,

But it probably will not be a problem to someone like you who has advanced coding experience to play with codes to make it work. To me it just too much to try to resize each merchant's product images to fit the shops.

I don't know how soon(if possible) it will be for Popshops to set up a standard image size so that all merchants must resize their products images to fit the standard. Until then, I will just have to give up using some of my favorite merchants' products.

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly
    Scott, Popshops provide html, php, javascrip codes for the products we pick from different merchants' datafeed. I don't think there is much we can do when create a shop,

But it probably will not be a problem to someone like you who has advanced coding experience to play with codes to make it work. To me it just too much to try to resize each merchant's product images to fit the shops.

I don't know how soon(if possible) it will be for Popshops to set up a standard image size so that all merchants must resize their products images to fit the standard. Until then, I will just have to give up using some of my favorite merchants' products.
    I don't think Popshops can impose any sort of standard on merchants. They can control the size of the images by storing them on the Popshops servers in a stardard size.

If you can use your own CSS you should be able to set the width and height of the divs they provide, but I'm not sure if this is possible.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread