Question Booted Off The SinglesNet.com Affiliate Program???
    Just started marketing the singlesnet.com (online dating svc) thu c-jnctn. i was getting a whopping 3.75 per lead, actually got the damn page to make more $$ than i was spending on adwords & ysm ppc.

Then I get an e-mail today that I'm terminated with no reason given. What's their problem????????????????

anyone else having any success w/ them beware!!!!! it doesn't look like they like affiliates to make a couple of bucks

ABW Ambassador
    Did you email them back asking why and waiting on a response from them?

ABW Ambassador
    Did you violate any of their rules that are detailed on their Advertiser Detail page?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Did u do any test leads? I know that with a lead gen, merchants will track ip address of each lead and some will study the pattern of each aff.

Also, sometimes it is the customers that u sent that caused ur problem. Ie. That lead that u send did not want to put his or her tel no and put 111-111-1111 and that trigered their fraud filter.

I would suggest telling that what ur doing and ask them to have u back in their prog...

All the best

Singlesnet will cut affiliates if their lead traffic doesn't convert well on the back-end. That being said, $3.75 a lead for Singlesnet is not the best you can do - Sign up at Azoogle (or another CPA network) and you may be able to get more per lead off the bat, and generally they'll just put you at a lower payment tier if your traffic is not that great. I've been running Singlesnet with Azoogle for a few months - on AdWords - and have not been booted or had payment lowered.

Singlesnet's affiliate manager, Moufid, is a good guy, and if you email him I'm sure you'll get an answer from him about why you were terminated.

ABW Ambassador
    It's a very shady way of doing business, just deactivating affiliates whenever they feel like it with absolutely no explanation. CJ creates this environment unfortunately.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Yes, a text field for the merchant to fill out prior to hitting the kill button would have saved a lot of hurt feelings over the years.

ABW Ambassador
    I find it curious as to why the OP hasn't come back to answer the questions posted.

s/he's busy trying to figure out why s/he's having the same problem with AdSense: Too many clicks...

Singlesnet Cutting Affiliates
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    Singlesnet will cut affiliates if their lead traffic doesn't convert well on the back-end. That being said, $3.75 a lead for Singlesnet is not the best you can do - Sign up at Azoogle (or another CPA network) and you may be able to get more per lead off the bat, and generally they'll just put you at a lower payment tier if your traffic is not that great. I've been running Singlesnet with Azoogle for a few months - on AdWords - and have not been booted or had payment lowered.

Singlesnet's affiliate manager, Moufid, is a good guy, and if you email him I'm sure you'll get an answer from him about why you were terminated.
    All things being equal, this is totally unfair. It is not the affiliates fault that a product does not convert on the back-end. After the affiliate provides a lead, It is the merchants job to make the sale. (unless there is something else we don't know about the leads- what kind of leads are they and/or where are they coming from?)

Stratplayer1

Quote Originally Posted by Stratplayer1
    All things being equal, this is totally unfair. It is not the affiliates fault that a product does not convert on the back-end. After the affiliate provides a lead, It is the merchants job to make the sale. (unless there is something else we don't know about the leads- what kind of leads are they and/or where are they coming from?)

Stratplayer1
    Believe me, the traffic source greatly affects the back-end quality of leads, especially in the dating field. The merchant doesn't have control over where the ads are placed, or what audience it's promoted to, but the affiliate does. From my experience in the dating industry, different age groups will vary greatly in the back-end conversion rate, and the merchant has every right to say that they don't want those leads anymore. There are plenty of other dating websites in the CPA network world that either don't check quality, or don't check it as closely as Singlesnet, but I get my highest payouts from Singlesnet in exchange for giving them good traffic.

In lead programs, misleading ad copy on the affiliate's end can also greatly skew back-end conversion rates.

Singlesnet Cutting Affiliates
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    Believe me, the traffic source greatly affects the back-end quality of leads, especially in the dating field. The merchant doesn't have control over where the ads are placed, or what audience it's promoted to, but the affiliate does. From my experience in the dating industry, different age groups will vary greatly in the back-end conversion rate, and the merchant has every right to say that they don't want those leads anymore. There are plenty of other dating websites in the CPA network world that either don't check quality, or don't check it as closely as Singlesnet, but I get my highest payouts from Singlesnet in exchange for giving them good traffic.

In lead programs, misleading ad copy on the affiliate's end can also greatly skew back-end conversion rates.
    Yes Hi Joshua, that is a good answer. I alluded to what you have Just said above; without going into too much detail. I was indeed questioning the lead sources. That's what I meant when I said:

unless there is something else we don't know about the leads- what kind of leads are they and/or where are they coming from?

Cheers Stratplayer1

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread