Adsense CTR - How High Is Too High????
    what's the limit on what a click thru rate on adsense ads before google flags your account down????

ABW Ambassador
    How the heck would we know that? Are you trying to see how far you can go before you get booted out?

Isn't the whole idea to get as many CTs as possible? If your CTs are valid and real visitors you shouldn't have to worry about it...

X

exacto-mundo, i had a page w/ affiliate links & adsense that was getting traffic w/ ppc & started getting a 30% adsense ctr & took the adsense units off of it - out of fear and love for the almighty ruler of the web - google

I believe they'll "flag your account down" when your CTR reaches 110%...

X

ABW Ambassador
    That you might have to be careful with, pages where you have Adsense and doing PPC to. They might think (correctly or incorrectly) that's it's some kind of arbitrage type of deal. But with the one site I have Adsense on with natural traffic, never worried about CTR or anything like that.

bowing to the big G

CTR depends on how much traffic it is in relation. If you had only 1 visitor that clicked on 1 link then you have 100% CTR. If you had 10,000 visitors and 100% clicked on the link, now then.... there is a red flag.

CTR can different for type of site and audience. I think if your CTR goes outside of a range that is not the norm, it would probably trigger a red flag.

yeah, i was pretty nervous at keeping a 40% ctr
    the links out of the page were adsense & affiliate links
    i'd replicate the pages over & over again w/ difft subjects if i was comfortable that this was w/i the adsense guidelines

i've got another site that does very nicely w/ about 5% ctr & don't want to implode the entire account

on the other hand is this just $$$ being left on the table????

Do you think the Ads near content will get most CTR?

nope, adsense above the fold w/o much good content gets better ctr, fewer choices of what do do on the page = higher liklihood ads get clicked

Provide good content and compliment it with balanced adsense placement and you don't have to worry about the big G.

Quote Originally Posted by jonpoler
    exacto-mundo, i had a page w/ affiliate links & adsense that was getting traffic w/ ppc & started getting a 30% adsense ctr & took the adsense units off of it - out of fear and love for the almighty ruler of the web - google
    Ok, let me get this straight. You are driving traffic to your page with PPC and getting a 30% CTR on AdSense? This sounds more like NonSense (no offense intended, just being cute).

To me this doesn't out. You're selling off traffic at a fraction of what you originally paid it? I'd say you're putting way too much emphasis on AdSense if you're at 30% CTR. Your main emphasis should be on your affiliate links which should be SEO'd along with your PPC campaign. Those AdSense links should be way at the bottom and pushed only as a last ditch effort to recover a few cents of your PPC investment.

X

it was working well, the all of the ppc - adsense worked out to break even. so the ppc was being paid for with all of the remaining clicks going to affiliate links

I have several sites which get a low number of vistors but the ctr is extreme and it happens more then once that the ctr for a day on those channels are above 100% (same person visiting more then one ad)

I believe it's more like Ladidah says when you have a lot of vistors and keep a ctr of above a x number there will be a flag. And flag doesn't mean account banned but they will look into your sites and see if you are in compliance with their tos

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread