Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Script For HotelsCombined.com
    Hi

They have a weird way of producing their feeds and I am modifying an existing script to accommodate but......

Does ANYONE have a working MySQL script that can process the HotelsCombined.Com datafeeds?

Wish to combine the 26 A-Z feeds into one, display by STAR rating and COUNTRY

Any help appreciated.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

hi

have you found the script to fetch data from hotelscombined?
    Thanks

Regards

Hi

Yes I got one commissioned to extract from the feeds. The alternative is to apply for their API for "live" site operations.

You mean their affiliate program and $2000 API?

Quote Originally Posted by John Jupp
    Hi

Yes I got one commissioned to extract from the feeds. The alternative is to apply for their API for "live" site operations.

Yes. I made do with their basic feeds and got a guy off Rent A Coder to design something to extract and display plus combine with google maps.

woh really?
    how much for it?
    and mind to share your website?

I paid $200 for the script (for a client, not me). The final result wasn't brilliant but it displays by Star Rating (up to 6 stars) and by geographic location.

Anyhow, they're opting eventually to resurrect it and get the API integration.
    So their site isn't completed by any means and hasn't been updated in ages. I can't post the url here, not allowed as it's an affiliate site.

Thought I'd got rid of the script but just found it. Can't remember if the version I have was before or after fixing the maps values to point at the hotel.

My advice is put out a bid on Rent A Coder to get one commissioned for you.

Thanks for the fast reply.
    Actually i thought u have left the forum As this is an old topic.
    Anyway,i think its worth paying $2k for the API, but need time to customize it..
    i have seen a few sites (thought quite similar in term of interface) using the API... Perhaps, I should give it a try too...
    Anyway, based on your experiences, beside Rent A Coder, which freelancers websites are nice?
    thx

Well there's a few out there and to be honest I was very pleased with Rent A Coder. I list on there as a script supplier and also as a customer for scripts and designs. Check this forum by doing a search for alternatives. There are a few and I am sure others on here have their own opinions as to which is best.

I used them because the freelancers I use were all busy on other projects for me. It's fairly simple too. Deposit in escrow and release funds when the job's done.

I agree, paying for the API is definitely worth it if you seriously intend to make a go of it. The travel business can be difficult. I got an IAN whitelabel which I then rewrote. It's not performing brilliantly and to be honest I am thinking of getting out of the holidays sector altogether.

I think however that any large merchant that wishes to take advantage of the affiliate sector and all that it can offer has to invest in tech to provide the means necessary to generate results. Some are doing this. Some are still stuck in the banners and text links regime and haven't expanded beyond the basics that were available a decade ago.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread