View Poll Results: Who do you think is gonna win?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • David Cook

8 34.78%
  • David Archuleta

8 34.78%
  • I don't watch, or care.

7 30.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

David Verus David - American Idol
    Who do you think is gonna win?

David will win.
    Didn't watch, it bored me, no one exciting on there this time.

Archuleta will win... but Cook will go on to have a longer career...

I can't remember who won Chris Daughtry's season... unless it was Carrie Underwood, who has done pretty well for herself...

Not the most exciting season, true..

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone
    I can't remember who won Chris Daughtry's season... unless it was Carrie Underwood, who has done pretty well for herself...

Not the most exciting season, true..
    Taylor Hicks was that year's winner.

QUOTE=teezone]Archuleta will win... but Cook will go on to have a longer career...[/QUOTE]Totally agree - Cook is a really talented guy who should have a great career.

Note: I seldom watch the show, as it's on opposite the best primetime show on network TV: NCIS. But I see the recap on an LA Morning show the next day.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Arghhhhhh tough call. I think Archuleta will win because he's so adorable and has a collapsed lung so he'll have the "sympathy" vote and the youth vote because he's just a kid.

They're both awesome. David Cook won me over 100% with his brilliant "Always Be My Baby" performance so I'm a big fan but Archuleta gets my heart strings going big time, plus he can sing his a$$ off, too.

Cook will most definitely have a huge career - If Archuleta can maintain into adulthood, he could, too.

American Idol always gets me crazy when it comes down to the last 2. I always like both performers so it's hard for me to watch one lose.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Did not watch last nite. Work..gee
    Money is on Archuleta - but he can't reinvent himself nor sing rock/pop songs. He struggled.

He ain't going be like Madonna and still rocking decades later.

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    Did not watch last nite. Work..gee
    Money is on Archuleta - but he can't reinvent himself nor sing rock/pop songs. He struggled.

He ain't going be like Madonna and still rocking decades later.

Even if he stops singing tomorrow, his life has changed forever. He is only 17. He just needs to mature. I think that he is the best singer that the show has ever seen, purrely on singing ability. He lacks the charisma though. David Cook has that, which means that Cook will last longer even if he doesn't win

Who cares?
    Who was the best singer last night? Reuben Studdard put things in perspective.

I've never voted before last night, managed to get 2 votes in for David Cook. I think he is more "marketable" than Archuleta. I agree that no matter which one wins, Cook will have the bigger career.

Quote Originally Posted by smallaff
    I've never voted before last night, managed to get 2 votes in for David Cook. I think he is more "marketable" than Archuleta. I agree that no matter which one wins, Cook will have the bigger career.
    Funny(and typical)! Affiliates vote on marketability...

Archuleta has it sowed up.

X

The way A.I. works, the public has a deciding vote in who wins. For this reason, I think Archuleta will take it. There are way more teens watching A.I. than seasoned adults and the "popular" vote should go to him according to the show's history.

I love them both. Either way it'll be hard to see one NOT make it but they both have a huge head start on major careers. Actually, whoever doesn't win will probly have a better shot at the bigger career. Winners are contractually obligated to an A.I. management deal which sucks.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I have watched every single episode this season. I really think it's a huge setup. The judges really push their faves rather than a person who had a great week or a great song. A few weeks ago David A. had an absolutely garbage arrangement of a few songs and they still raved about him. I think they're pushing the contestant who will sell the most records rather than the best vocalist. Even last year...Jordan wasn't 1/2 the vocalist the Melinda was, but she had the look. They say it's a "contest to find the best singer" but that is simply BS. It's a contest to find the person with the most potential for commercial success.

This is the weakest season since Idol started...at least vocally speaking. I believe that's why they introduced the instrument element. No way the show would have carried itself with most of these people as vocalists only. Over half of them have very shaky pitch centers. That Australian guy was horrible, and Carly was a screeching mess...but the judges continued to rave.

Rexanne, it's not just the winners that are obligated to AI. I believe every finalist is required to tour and I believe they have other requirements, as well.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

...and don't get me started on what a scam the songwriting contest is.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lilly
    Even last year...Jordan wasn't 1/2 the vocalist the Melinda was, but she had the look.
    I believe without a doubt that Melinda was the superior singer last year. I was amazed that she got voted off so soon. There were other winners over the life of AI who weren't particularly attractive, so I'm not certain the "huge setup" theory holds water. I do wonder, however, how much the judge's comments affect the vote.

X

Soon? Wasn't Melinda 2nd place?

Either there's a conspiracy or all the judges are tone deaf. Syesha's intonation is horrible and all of David A's vocals sound identical, and his arrangements are weak at best.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly

Melinda finished third...

I believe Archuleta's strong point is simply the tone of his voice (and his child-like appearance too I suppose)...

X

I didn't realize AI was just a "singer" vehicle - thought it was more a pop star thing and of course, being able to sing or pull off the game of singing, falls in there somewhere.

Archuleta is hot with the public, especially teens. He is absolutely adorable, has a collapsed lung or something which will get him the sympathy vote plus I think the majority of voters are teen girls ... my house full of teenage girls are stoopid over him.

Cook is all about performing and ripping a song. He's brilliant on some songs and offers up strong performances. I think his "Always Be My Baby" performance won him his current spot in the top 2. It was genius, IMO.

Can't comment on any of the others, have only been listening since I walked through the living room when Cook started belting out Always be My Baby which was the equivalent of a super force magnet pulling my butt in the chair. LOL - I didn't like the girl who was in the top 3 though.

Tough call. Both guys have strong points. Meanwhile, this is the American public voting, not seasoned music veterans.

Interesting about the song contest. I liked both new songs last night. Randy poo poo-ed them but I didn't agree. Thought they both had potential hit quality.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

I reference the "singer" concept because the judges keep beating that into everyone's head, particularly the instrumentalists. Even when Castro was doing really cool, albeit stripped down, Jack Johnson-esque arrangements, they would remind him that his singing wasn't the best and at the end of the day this is a contest to find the best singer.
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly

Do you think the judges really have that much clout at this point? It's a popularity contest, not a singing contest. Whoever has the bigger fan club is going to win - and that's probably David A as I'm sure he has a larger audience (from prepubescent teens to little old ladies).

David A will go on to do things for Disney. David C will get into a band ala Daughtry and release a CD. David A's appeal will last longer and he'll probably make more money.

But as far as WHO wins tonight, it really makes no difference at all.

Yeah I gotta think teezone has it right. Ballad Boy David will win tonight because of all the teeny-bopper girls with text messaging. But David Cook will have the better and longer career.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Three way tie on the poll right now...

X

OMG!

Donna Summer is soooooooooooooo hot! She finally gained the weight needed for me to love her the way I always invisoned her!

LETS DANCE DONNA!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IOWNIE
    OMG!

Donna Summer is soooooooooooooo hot! She finally gained the weight needed for me to love her the way I always invisoned her!

LETS DANCE DONNA!!!!!!!!!
    Iownie must be on a mid-afternoon bender - forgive his O.T. rant.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

OK.........the Graham Nash duet just made me cry.......

That was AWSOME! Teach your children well..........

LMAO @ Iownie!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast