Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is there a way to find out if links have expired???
    Originally posted under another older thread but not finding out the answer so am making a brand new thread.

Make a long story short...

Is there any way at Performics to find out if there are any expired links on my site similar to how the other networks show invalid links??? Had made a search under reports for something else and came up with a bunch of little yellow triangles (meaning those are expired links) so....is there a way for me to find out if any links are expired links that are currently on my site??

Tax Paying Member
    Find the list of your merchants. Select an action. Manage links. Check active links. If inactive a little yellow triangle will show by the link.

This is not in the reports but in the links area.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

ok, that's easy enough I have checked the active links before. Umm but don't they show any of the links that I've used regardless if they're currently on my site?? Like one I may have had up for Easter then removed or one they had emailed to say it was bein replaced??

If I had one that was an 88x31 but they changed it to another one, is there a way for me to know that??

Is there any way of knowing which on my site now could be an expired one and any way of finding out for all of them instead of each separately??

Tax Paying Member
    Not that I know of to all of your questions.

It seems to me that you must check one merchant at a time and then you must remember where it is located on your sites or do a lot of searching to find where the link is located. I think that once you remove a link all record of it is gone forever.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Thank you very much Witzer Was afraid I'd have to check em that way. Have an awful lot of merchants to be checked.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    Was afraid I'd have to check em that way. Have an awful lot of merchants to be checked.
    I'm hoping there is an answer to this too. I have started to use Performics more and more over the past few months. I see those banners with end dates and always try to get the ones with longest life to put off dealing with the expired. I don't really have a plan for keeping up with that.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

The exclamation mark flags indicate expired links. You should remove those links. Advertisers typically send newsletters when creative expires and new offers are available. You can run a report to view current links in use:
    Reports>Creative>Links

In addition, you can review your active links, select display all results per page, and view the links with flags. Get Links>By advertiser>My active links. Expired links will be flagged and in red. Then click on the link name to view the link.

How would you like to be notified of expired links?

Thank you,

Jamie

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleClick Performics Moderator
    You can run a report to view current links in use:
    Reports>Creative>Links
    Thanks Jamie
    Seems as if I should have found this on my own.. Sometimes need to be led by hand.

This helps considerably. I only found 3 expired links.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleClick Performics Moderator

How would you like to be notified of expired links?

Thank you,

Jamie
    If you had a place on the page after login showing if any expired/invalid links were clicked. CJ show this when you log in.

You can run a report to view current links in use: Reports>Creative>Links
    I tried this but when I got this far it is all timing out. After Reports/Creative/Links I don't see an option for links in use.

In addition, you can review your active links, select display all results per page, and view the links with flags. Get Links>By advertiser>My active links. Expired links will be flagged and in red. Then click on the link name to view the link.
    This raises the question what is an "Active Link"? I went get links/by advertiser and went to the drop down on the right. Selecting "My Active Links" gives a list of links that don't seem to have anything to do with the ones in use now on my site. I am missing how I can use anything in the "My Active Links" results.

I can't imagine having to go through this process when signed up with hundreds of merchants. What we are looking for is a place in our console that gives us alerts if expired links are being clicked like CJ and SAS.

ABW Ambassador
    I see this - Reports>Creative>Links

But with: Get Links>By advertiser>My active links.

Right after I login, I click get links - by advertiser but then I don't see any kind of My Active Links link.

Ah, were you talking about doing that with one merchant at a time? Would be good to get all of them with one page of all the expired links. Looks like what bumpaw is talking about.

If I'm understanding correctly, I think we're only able to get the active links for one merchant at a time and then I'm assuming ....if any of our links on our sites are the ones with the little yellow triangles, then we have to remove those cos they've expired.

I agree bumpaw. Have an awful lotta merchants and this is gonna take a bit of lookin thru all of em.

ABW Ambassador
    I've found you can use the first method - Reports>Creative>Links

And see all the links with the yellow triangle and !, I think. I have some work to do see some I need to delete/update.

And I guess the other way you get the red "Expired links will be flagged and in red."

Grandma broke her coccyx! Uncle Rico's Avatar
    It looks like I have about 80 of these yellow boxes.

Ok, this is good to know then. we are able to find them grouped together instead of goin thru each one separately.

I did what Trust did, too. Did for the last 365 days...did take it a while to get done lookin but it worked. Umm got a bunch now to have to change, but I'm glad I'm able to find out this way.

Thanks a lot for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear
    I did what Trust did, too. Did for the last 365 days...did take it a while to get done lookin but it worked.
    365 days is what I was trying earlier today and would never display. I just tried one month and yep that looks pretty good. I see one link that used to produce well and had fallen off. Maybe the answer is here. I also have a dozen or so little yellow triangles.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm trying to figure out why a primary link would get the yellow triangle.

Also does yellow triangle, expired links mean they won't track? Because they still show up (banners) and click thru fine. But are they still tracking?

I went back to May 1st and had 10 marked yellow. 9 had already been removed when they had expired. One was still there. It had been created in 2003 and I put it up in Jan 2007 with no End Date given. It had been revised in the Performics interface to have an End Date of 2008-03-06. Yes it too when clicked worked and went to a page that had shipping deals as advertised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    But are they still tracking?
    That's a good question.

>> I'm trying to figure out why a primary link would get the yellow triangle.

me too , real strange

come on , all networks,
    no more expired links any more

it is not possible for hard code text links,

why not auto-update all banner links ??

Uhhh am not quite sure what to think now. Was curios so made a report for as far back as it would let me go. (Jan 1, 2005) and a whole lot more. Stopped counting. Quite a few are very basic type links that have the little yellow triangle. I know from quite a few that have expiration dates listed that they would've been removed but it appears if basic links like the primary links and things like Home Accents, names of the merchants, etc. aere listed with the yellow triangles, too. That's gonna be an awful lotta links to have to go checking manually. Maybe I'm just not awake enough and my thinking's not clear on this.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hello,

Thank you all for communicating and providing feedback. I am sending this thread to product management for review.

Have a great weekend,

Jamie

Thanks Jamie, have a good week-end

ABW Ambassador
    Any update on this:

"Also does yellow triangle, expired links mean they won't track? Because they still show up (banners) and click thru fine. But are they still tracking?"

That's something that should take a matter of minutes to check on your end. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Any update on this:

"Also does yellow triangle, expired links mean they won't track? Because they still show up (banners) and click thru fine. But are they still tracking?"

That's something that should take a matter of minutes to check on your end. Thanks.
    I was told by support that they WILL NOT track. A few month's ago when I removed some of these expired links my sites my sales went up for the merchants who I had expired links listed.

"I was told by support that they WILL NOT track. A few month's ago when I removed some of these expired links my sites my sales went up for the merchants who I had expired links listed."

ooh that's not very good An awful lot of em are showing in reports but hard to tell if they're links that have been replaced from a long time ago. Like Trust said, too....don't understand how the primary links would be not active.

Just logged into there and seems they'll be doin maintenance on Saturday. So.....got an awful lotta links to go thru before then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast