Unhappy Image code in links
    After putting up dozens of items using only the affiliate link and not including any image links, I'm wondering if I'm losing commissions.

My CJ links say "You must include all the above html in your links. Any missing html, including the image source, will prevent the link from tracking properly and result in a loss of commissions. "

Obviously they put this for a reason, but am I really at risk of losing commissions on everything without the image link?
    (I realize it is used to track impressions).

Any input on this would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    Charlie

http and a telephoto
    You will lose impression tracking, but the affiliate tracking will still work.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Thank you fellow Las Vegan!
    I was nearly certain this was the case, but when I noticed this on my CJ link builder, I became a bit anxious since I have input several dozen links over the past couple months this way.
    I'm going to implement the pixel image regardless, but it is nice to know I won't need to add it to my existing links.
    Regards,
    Charlie

I don't think I've ever used it.
    leeann

Shoppers determine what has value and they like coupons. Stop manipulating who set the cookie just because you do not like coupon and promotional sites.

Thanks Leeann.
    Now that I'm not so worried that none of these links will work, I'm wondering if loading even these 1 pixel "images" will delay my page loading once I get about a dozen or so on a page...
    Any thoughts? It isn't essential that I implement them.
    Thanks,
    Charlie

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Affiliates in the past stripped the image tags out of the HTML to save on storage, bandwidth and page load time. With unlimited space/bandwidth accounts it would only be useful for page load savings. As an HTML tag the time savings is insignificant.

Why should affiliates include impression tags, because if you have shown 5000 impressions with zero click through you are wasting space. Think of impression to click ratios as step one of conversion testing.

Hi Hamrick,

"Why should affiliates include impression tags, because if you have shown 5000 impressions with zero click through you are wasting space. Think of impression to click ratios as step one of conversion testing."

It means If I dont use ImageURL (Impression) tracking URL at my webpage along with products. CJ won't be able to track that I am wasting their space or not. Is that mean.

It means Its useful not to use ImageURL Impression or Vice versa.

I am little confused because I never used it before. If you recommend with a clarification then I will also add it.

But if its not useful then?

Thanks in advance.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Couponhutt, its entirely an individual choice and you seem to have a handle on the utility of it. Can give you an example of running a $3,000 banner campaign over three months on a high traffic B2B site for a merchant. The end result was 2,500 clicks and only two sales. Merchant was upset but I was able to show that there 3.6 million banner impressions to prove that the banners were run. Targeting looked good but obviously they weren't buying. We changed up the campaign and asked for a rerun.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread