ABW Ambassador
    Are CJ Domains Interchangeable?
    If a CJ link begins with www. [one CJ tracking domain].com, would it still track if I used www. [another CJ tracking domain].com?
    Last edited by MichaelColey; May 22nd, 2008 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Removed Domain References

Affiliate Manager AffiliateBuddha's Avatar
    Yes. In fact, if you notice, you'll see that CJ often redirects one domain to another before eventually opening the merchant's pages.
    Gift Shopping Zone Affiliate Program on SAS - 10% per sale with unlimited cookie duration, over 10,000 products.

I'm guessing they do this for load balancing, effectively randomizing the server that's picked to handle all the requests. But maybe I'm wrong?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by dustin999
    I'm guessing they do this for load balancing, effectively randomizing the server that's picked to handle all the requests. But maybe I'm wrong?
    I think you are right on this load balancing aspect. There was also one other aspect. Sometime ago, some AV (anti-virus) started banning the CJ primary domain qksrv and that led to CJ spawing off of many domains as a way to address the issue at that time!

I think there are still problems with some of this software banning certain domains. I've heard of that happening with Ad-Aware based on feedback from some of my visitors on my publisher sites.

Actually it had nothing to do with load balancing and everything to do with being blocked by ad blocking software. Since they all redirect through a single domain, it really accomplishes little on either account, though.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Last I noticed CJ uses 20 domains for redirects. I would hope they would work directly with the AV blockers to be white listed.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread