I figured this was worthy of a new thread seeing how alot of us are trying it

Google is showing Payment Date as August 20th I did pretty good last month so I'm pretty excited Whether thats the date that it was sent or not I don't know, but it's nice to see something showing.

Jim good call

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Mine too!

But no WAY was the check sent then unless they used a literal snail for the snail mail delivery...

Or...or...or...it got LOST!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

Woohoo! Ours is posted too. Thanks for the heads-up that the payment is showing now. It wasn't there earlier today.

Leader,

I read some place else that it said the same thing last month, but I think it was the GoogleGuy saying that payment wasn't actually done the date shown or fro someone who emailed them. I agree, if it was then I would of had it on the East Coast by now. No biggy as long as it gets sent Either way, nothing for us to worry about.

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

Google has to be making a record fortune. Adsense is quickly becoming the greatest digitally distributed advertising syndication known to mankind. That will tend to drive up bidding on their Keywords.

Whichever company commands the highest keyword bid values wins the game as they will have the greatest number and quality of syndication partners.

They will be a tough one to beat. I hear estimates that their revenues are between 100 Million and 1 Billion.

Victor Hanna
    The BettyMills Company
    http://www.BettyMills.com
    http://affiliates.bettymills.com/
    The BettyMills ABW Forum

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    You will get paid as Google and Overture cannot afford a payment trust issue.

"WEB AD RENAISSANCE

Overture and Google get much of the credit for reviving the Internet advertising market after demand for banner ads imploded in early 2000 due to big cutbacks in dot-com spending and a perception that consumers were generally ignoring them.

Their search services deliver ads when Internet users search via key words. The ads look like search results with links to Web sites, but are arranged under special headings.

Contextual ads use the key word technology from search to dish up ads on content sites. Despite the fact that fewer Internet users are clicking on such ads, advertisers often pay the same for key words used in both search and contextual ad campaigns.

A study from NewGate compared the performance of Google search and contextual campaigns for two clients. Results showed that click-through rates were 14 times to 150 times higher on the search ads than the contextual ads. The cost per lead, or order, was two to eight times higher for contextual campaigns.

"The picture painted (by the study) is one perspective, but it's far from the only perspective out there. Ultimately, we'll do what's right for our customers and advertisers," said Kurt Abrahamson, Google's business manager for contextual ads.

But marketers, too, are finding difficulty in predicting where contextual ads will land because often they can be linked to words in rapidly changing news stories.

In one recently publicized example, Mountain View, California-based Google served a luggage ad with a New York Post story about a murder victim whose body parts were found in a suitcase.

Still, some users are sticking with Google and Overture.

Mark Aistrope, president of Ohio-based Meeting Tomorrow, which sends LCD projectors to business travelers, said he would like to pay less for his contextual key words, but added that so far he's happy with the results. "It's good to have them out there. There is a branding element to what we're doing," he said.

Clue to the Ad wanks and their fat wallet merchant targets. At any given moment 99% of the online public could give a crap about your stupid Ad begging to get noticed triggered by some keyword in the content of the page. Obliterating that content they came to read with some advertising popup or side bar Ad just pisses off the web information surfer.

OH the affiliate getting some click revenue from the content page is rightfully happy, but the advertiser getting his Overture/Google/Sprinks account drained has to think twice about this BHO type strategy.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> OH the affiliate getting some click revenue from the content page is rightfully happy, but the advertiser getting his Overture/Google/Sprinks account drained has to think twice about this BHO type strategy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not a BHO type strategy at all! This is because, A) It's not appearing without the webmaster's permission B) It's not stealing anything.

If the webmaster doesn't want it on their site, they simply don't put the code into their HTML and AdSense Doesn't Happen.

AdSense also doesn't pop up, slide in, or otherwise "obliterate the content". All formats appear on the page in the same manner as banners or skyscrapers. Nothing about AdSense should scare away normal viewers.

All in all it's a great implementation of contextual advertising done the GOOD way.

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Give me a break Leader. I agree with everything you said above. My use of "BHO Strategy" was they were the first successful implementation of triggering Ads based upon read the content page for keyword. Remember TopText and every BHO rendition since? Google will always remain clean with a firm no popup or alert reminder policy unless they get acquired by a shark. Yahoo/Overture carries a lot of shady baggage all tied to advertising reveneue. They are not beyond Gator/WhenU alliances equating PPCSE success to finding all ways to drain those keyword accounts.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread