What forum should I post this on please?
    Would anyone be able to steer me in the right direction regarding discussing setting up a web site and affiliate program as a potential new advertising avenue for our business? I'm not sure where the best place on the forums would be to do this.

Many thanks for your help.

If you have some specific questions, feel free to post them right here. If they warrant being moved to a different forum, we'll be happy to do it.

Just be sure to ask questions, and not advertise
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Online Marketing Consultant
    It really depends on what your goals are for the program and what types of questions you have. You may want to try the Affiliate Managers forum or affiliate academy somewhere, that'll probably get you the best response.
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Thanks heaps for your answers; they're much appreciated. I had a look at the `becoming a merchant' forum and it wasn't quite the right forum for my questions.

I suppose the main question on my mind is marketing related. I currently make most of my revenue from ebay AU and ebay US, and I hope to migrate away from ebay completely within 12 months, preferrably sooner. The products are art and wedding related, niche, and very popular.

I'm not really sure what expectations to have of an affiliate program/web site combo, and if 12 months is too little time to hope for results equal to my ebay traffic (30,000-40,000 hits per month). Also, maybe I should be looking at other or multiple advertising avenues?

I guess I'm just feeling a bit scared and need someone to tell me it can work out alright, lol. I really put my eggs in one basket with ebay, and now that whole system is crumbling. But i guess many of you have coped with similar instability via google, so i'm just being a baby.

I think i need some more info regarding setting up a affiliate program, as well as general marketing ideas. Do you have any suggestions?

http and a telephoto
    You are looking at becoming a merchant, so that is the forum you want to post your questions in. If you want to start an affiliate program, there is a lot of information here that you can start reading to learn about networks and inhouse programs, costs, expectations etc. You might want to hire a consultant to help you decide the best course for you and to plot a start up plan.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

The growth of any affiliate program is based on these, but not limited to these, criteria:

1.) Quality of the merchant
    2.) The size of the niche
    3.) Aggressiveness in recruiting affiliates

You may wish to engage an OPM (outsourced program manager) to discuss some of this. Good advice is rarely free though, so if you don't find it on these hallowed pages, check in with a consultant.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Online Marketing Consultant
    If you are wedding related, check out redgaloshes which is now Bridaluxe.com.

They are fantastic in that niche and can handle the whole thing for you. but your site has to meet their guidelines and policies. Jeff is an awesome guy and feel free to tell him I sent you if you'd like.

You may also want to check out Share a Sale if you are niched which it sounds like you are. They really cater to a lot of the niche merchants instead of the huge mega box stores offering everything under the sun. Those stores would work well there too, but they do very well with niched programs.

If you do go the OPM route, there are a ton of them on this forum, just make sure you do your due diligence before hiring as not all OPMs are equal and not all of them run tight ships. This is your business's future and you need to protect it so take your time, read and learn as much as possible and then you will hopefully succeed.

Some of the OPMs who have not posted in this thread you may want to look at are:

Madhatter
    Share a Sale in house management
    Affiliate Crew
    Rolet

Happy to have you hear!
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

Thanks Loxly and Kevin,

I'll have a good look through the recommended forums. If I were a US merchant, I would love to hire one the consultants here. I've followed the abestweb forums for years and I know that some of you are worth your weight in Gold.

Many thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Hi Rollerblade,

Cheers for the leads! Thats very helpful. I guess I'll have to d my research regarding finding the right advice for the Aussie marketplace.

I pay over $40,000 per year to ebay for advertisng there, and my gut tells me that surely there are other ways to spend that money that can be as effective. I just need more informaton.

http and a telephoto
    I wasn't pitching you to hire me I have my hands full. And location isn't as important as it seems for a consultant.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Dear Loxly,

I didn't think you were pitching, so don't worry. I'm very grateful for your advice (now and in the past too)

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Kruder, if you are trying to migrate off of Ebay have you created your own web presence? If you have and can show conversion then you can logically talk about an affiliate program. Otherwise, are you considering an affiliate program to your Ebay site? That would not work.

You need a converting merchant site for an affiliate program but there are people who will take your money regardless.

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your response. I probably didn't explain myself well, but one idea I am currently exploring is joining share-a-sale or a similar program, so that affiliates can help me to create an off-ebay web presence. There are other options for bringing traffic to my (off ebay) web site and I am exploring those too. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread