Who's Getting the Wordpress Popper to Show?
    I know there are some threads on this but they've gotten buried. I know there's one person who posted that the popper was visible in Wordpress 2.5 and some others who can't get it to work.

Can those who have the popper let the rest of us know where you're hosted and what other plugins you have running?

The potential of using that tool within a post without having to log into PopShops and create a shop every time is the biggest draw of Popshops for me and I'm getting frustrated that I can't get it to show, in multiple versions of wordpress, on multiple hosting environments.

Currently I'm trying to make it work on A Small Orange, and yes, the visual window is on. It's a brand new install of 2.5.1. I had previously installed WP-Amazon-Reloaded (which doesn't work for me either due to a cURL error) but it's deactivated. Otherwise, the only plugins are Akismet and Dolly, which came preloaded.

I have previously installed 2.X version in WestHost -- no popper there, either, and no plugins installed.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    version .5 works fine for me. I'm using Blue Host. I use more plugins than you can count with your fingers and your toes combined. If you think you have a plugin conflict, just disable your other plugins and see if it works.
    I just loaded a site in 2.5 and 2.5.1 and both times the "popper" worked.

I have the popper installed too. It works fine however the search I am not liking as much as the search and functions on the actual site. Ahvell, I think it's probably meant for minimal products and and not full fledge store. I am hosted at ICDSoft. I have also quite a few plugins installed.

ABW Ambassador
    Sometimes the popper shows sometimes it doesn't. There doesn't seem to be a pattern. I have lots of blogs they all use the same wp version and browser. I don't really need to use it, so I haven't really thought about it.

Usually I just insert an existing shop and that's been working fine for me.

Guess how it finally started working...
    Popshops was activated in WordPress 2.5.1 (the Fantastico install on A Small Orange hosting service). It was failing to show the popper after clearing cache in all my browsers and following the other suggestions.

Then I decided to test Lisa Stewart's version of WP-Amazon found here:
    http://www.bigfootwebmarketing.com/2...ress-versions/

This is her update of Rich Manalang's WP-Amazon plugin to make it compatible with WP 2.5.

Voila, the popper started showing up!

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Are you saying that when Popshops was the ONLY active plugin, your Popshops popper didn't appear?

I'm also having trouble getting the popper to show on 2 blogs, got it to show on 2 others.

Have tried about everything I can think of to get it to work, clean install, no other plugins, etc. Can't figure out what's different between the blogs where it works and the ones where it doesn't.

And... Of course the blogs where the popper doesn't show are the ones where I want to use it the most.

Quote Originally Posted by lostdeviant
    Are you saying that when Popshops was the ONLY active plugin, your Popshops popper didn't appear?
    Yes, or rather it was the only plugin other than Akismet and Dolly which come preactivated with 2.5.1

I don't know exactly why it showed up upon loading Lisa's amazon plugin... but the process repeated itself both in 2.5.1 on A Small Orange and on the current version of Wordpress MU on WestHost. I'm guessing that Amazon plugin "rejiggered" the WYSIWYG, or busted the session or something.

Having said that, I am underwhelmed. It's better than having to create a shop every post.

Hi all,
    Just wanted to make some things clear about WordPress support. I know how frustrating this can be for Wordpress users. We would love to be able to devote more time to testing and refining of it but it was created pretty much by the grace of Dan and with we just have limited support available to improve it. That said, we are working on a new version that will have some improvements and the mysterious Popper 2.5 conflict hopefully resolved and the filters issue fixed.

Jessie
    Jessie Jones
    Create your custom affiliate store with PopShops.
    General support: support [at] popshops.com | Merchant requests: merchants [at] popshops.com
    (Include your popshops login, your shop name, and the URL or merchant you have an issue with.)

Looking forward to getting a new version. (Hopefully soon) Thanks Jessie!

P.S.

I did try adding the Amazon plugin to a blog where the popper wasn't showing... Didn't help. But it wasn't a clean install and I have a bunch of other plugins in use.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread