Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Auction Results and Thank You Sponsors
    Just wanted to post a final thank you to the many sponsors that donated prizes to the first live auction that was held in the ABW chat room last tuesday. Although people came and went, the high at one point was 39 viewers, lower than I hoped for, but not too bad.

There were not a lot of sales, but given that this was the first attempt, that we were only auctioning off ".TV" domains, and that many prizes were given out, I think it was a credible first attempt.

Haiko, you did a fantastic job advertising, and spicing up the auction with $50 giveaways. Those of you that did not attend missed out on a LOT of cash.

Here is a quick summary of sales:

Domain, Amount, Buyer
    CordlessDrill.tv, $22, Haiko
    Debates.tv, $75, Qoof
    temelmarketer(s),$16, RedRock
    Locket.tv, $11, jilldomains
    BuyMovies.tv, $165, Haiko
    MarketingChannel.tv, $135, dmdailey
    AfterSchool.tv, $300, Haiko

There were more than 70 domains offered up, but many had too high of an initial reserve to draw a bid from a crowd of only 40 or so, which is a risk you take. There were a few surprises, really felt that AffiliateChannel.tv would find a home, surely there are some vloggers around here wanting to talk about affiliate marketing, and the reserve was quite reasonable at $100.

Here were a list of the sponsors that donated to the auction. Give them a once over, if you don't mind, they are all worth it:

$100 Dollars Winner: ProWebAddict
    PANDA SECURITY
    http://www.amwso.com/pandasecurity.php
    Panda Security is a leading provider of anti virus software. They have an excellent affiliates program which is managed by AMWSO, one of the best in the business.

$25 Online Gift Certificate Winner: Pricecom BookCloseouts.com
    http://www.bookcloseouts.com/bc/docs/affiliate_appl_form.asp
    Bookclosouts is the bestseller of over 60K bargain books on the internet. Our entire product line is offered at 50-90% off the list price. We offer excellent customer service, and have a 100% product guarantee. Our affiliate program pays out an industry high rate of 13% on all sales made.

Free T-Shirt Winner: LostDeviant
    Kim Rowley, Key Internet Marketing, Inc.
    http://www.kimarketing.com
    One Stop Shop For Coupon Codes, Deal, Freebies and Sweepstakes!

$50 GiftCertificate Winner:klklinc
    PrintCountry.com
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=11271
    PrintCountry.com has an extensive line of OEM, compatible and remanufactured ink cartridges and toner. Earn up to 30% commission, 90 day cookies, located on Shareasale.com, with auto deposit, datafeed and PopShops bonuses, even phone order tracking.

Mr. Tenderizer 3-in-1 meat flattener, marinator and tenderizer. Winner: pricecom
    UnseenOnTV.com
    http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=15794
    Tired of affiliate programs offering the same old, played-out products? Give your web site visitors access to a one-of-a-kind shopping experience with UnseenOnTV.com! We offer products that you have never seen on TV or in the mass-market retail stores - items that are genuinely new and unique! And since our products cover a wide range of categories - Automotive, Hardware & Tools, Lawn and Garden, Health & Beauty, Sporting Goods, Fun & Games, and Housewares - there's something to match almost ANY affiliate web site profile.

$50 GoDaddy Gift Certificate Winner: matthep
    SmashFactory.com
    http://www.smashfactory.com
    Looking for just the right domain? SmashFactory.com has an extensive portfolio of top of the line domains from which to choose from.

$50 Cash Multiple Donations
    Abestweb I know projectman1 won once, and pricecom won, others were taken care of as they won. Thanks once again Haiko, you were too generous.

Also I gave a truck bed cover away from tarice.com, which pricecom ( he had a lucky day! ) won.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I was at the NP auction last night. Very smooth. I think this crossover auction did exactly what it was intended to do. Along with the sale, it created some new (and hopefully quality) members here and also took some traffic to NP (I signed up.) Congrats to all of the sellers, buyers, and winners. A big thanks to Haiko, the sponsors, and the auctioneers too.

-sfcom

I was very much looking forward to attending, but this week turned out to be a bad week for it for me.

I'm surprised too that the AffiliateChannel domain didn't go. Would seem there's plenty of use for that. If I was a better looking guy, I'd consider vlogging. ;p
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

I am sorry I missed the auction, is there going to be another one soon?
    Can you tell me a little bit more about the nature of the auction?
    What is auctioned, ?

- a little bit new at this site, but sounds interesting!

Thanks!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread