ABW Ambassador
    Question Wi-Fi allergy
    A group in Santa Fe says the city is discriminating against them because they say that they're allergic to the wireless Internet signal. And now they want Wi-Fi banned from public buildings.

http://kob.com/article/stories/S451152.shtml?cat=517

That's nonsense, IMHO. It's exactly the same frequency used by a 2.4 GHz cordless phone, baby monitors, etc.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Talking
    Maybe they stay away from cordless phones, and baby monitors etc.

The article says cell phone signals.

I don't anything about their allergy so I am not one to say what the issue really is. But I am just wondering how in the world I could survive in the current technology age being allergic to Wifi and cell phones... Two technologys that are EVERYPLACE and growing.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Unfortunately, this is more than just the lunatic ramblings from a fringe group. Medical problems caused by exposure to radiation from Wi-Fi, cellphones, and other devices considered standard by most in today's society, may be real problems that need to be addressed. In fact, that has already occurred in other countries.

In Germany late last year, the government announced findings and recommendations as follows:
    "People should avoid using Wi-Fi wherever possible because of the risks it may pose to health, the German government has said...

"The Environment Ministry recommended that people should keep their exposure to radiation from Wi-Fi "as low as possible" by choosing "conventional wired connections". It added that it is "actively informing people about possibilities for reducing personal exposure".
    (from Germany warns citizens to avoid using Wi-Fi)

In England, Austria, and other countries, warnings and even removal of some Wi-Fi installations have also occurred. This article, Danger on the airwaves: Is the Wi-Fi revolution a health time bomb? from a year ago, discusses a lot of what has been going on, including:

The Austrian Medical Association is lobbying against the deployment of Wi-Fi in schools. The authorities of the province of Salzburg has already advised schools not to install it, and is now considering a ban. Dr Gerd Oberfeld, Salzburg's head of environmental health and medicine, says that the Wi-Fi is "dangerous" to sensitive people and that "the number of people and the danger are both growing".

In Britain, Stowe School removed Wi-Fi from part of its premises after a classics master, Michael Bevington - who had taught there for 28 years - developed headaches and nausea as soon as it was installed.

Ian Gibson, the MP for the newly wireless city Norwich is calling for an official inquiry into the risks of Wi-Fi. The Professional Association of Teachers is to write to Education Secretary Alan Johnson this week to call for one.
    This problem cannot be dismissed as absurd, but rather is one that is going to need to be dealt with.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

So is this wireless router 2 feet from my head considered harmful? My wife has been saying it was, but who listens to wives?

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bumpaw
    So is this wireless router 2 feet from my head considered harmful? My wife has been saying it was, but who listens to wives?
    My router is 3 feet from my head, but I have a halogen lamp in between, and that probabliy doubles the danger. And MrsHound has never mentioned that it cold be dangerous to me. (But the modem/router is next to my computer, not hers.)
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

This does not sound like a general danger. It sounds like something specific to people that are more sensitive to.
    ---
    This response was masterly crafted via the fingers of Patrick Allmond who believe you should StopDoingNothing starting today.
    ---
    Focus Consulting is where I roll | Follow @patrickallmond on Twitter
    Search Engine Marketing | Search Engine Optimization | Social Media | Online Video

Talking
    So is this wireless router 2 feet from my head considered harmful?
    Some people can handle the truth, but as long as they still wear their tinfoil hats, they should have no problem with those invisible and dangerous radio frequency radiations.

Protect your !

Don't leave home, and don't stay home, without wearing a tin foil hat!

My was Made in China many decades ago, and so far I have not got any brain on my head.

Warning: Do not wear any kind of tin foil hat during a lightning storm, because the danger could outweigh the benefits, and your brain may be to sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Warning: Do not wear any kind of tin foil hat during a lightning storm, because the danger could outweigh the benefits, and your brain may
    Thanks for that! I needed a big laugh right now.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Some people can handle the truth, but as long as they still wear their tinfoil hats, they should have no problem with those invisible and dangerous radio frequency radiations.

Protect your !

Don't leave home, and don't stay home, without wearing a tin foil hat!
    LOL Mr. Sal. I choose to ignore this current plague warning, too, although I've read plenty from people I trust to support the case against WiFi. It is kinda scary - needs more proof before I cringe in fear of my computer or cell phone, however. In these cases, the good outweighs the bad.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

My experience with a different type of radiation, but:

I've experienced horrible migraines most of my life. Then after I quit my 'real' job, I noticed I would get one almost every time I entered a nearby newly remodeled grocery store. (which had an obscene amount of flourescent lighting, more then any other I had ever seen). So maybe this was a trigger....for many of the migraines i had gotten for years at work, etc.

Instead of asking the store to remove the lighting, I tried wearing a pair of dark sunglasses in the store, worked like a charm ever since. Maybe there is a chance with the tinfoil hat idea!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar

My was Made in China
    Never mind the radiation. Watch out for lead poisoning!

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread