Hey, I'm brand new to this place, and I just thought I'd say hi Any advice would be great...I have no idea what's going on here

[Edited for spamming to another board. Please see Advertising Information if you want to promote your forum here]

[This message was edited by BLFH (Ms. B) on September 01, 2003 at 03:59 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Sean and welcome to ABW First off get rid of the logo in your sig and you might want to add font to your size tag

Failing to do so makes your post look awfully identical to cross forum .

If it is indeed spam. Nice try! LOL!

you mean I can't have my logo in my sig...why is that? Why bother allowing img tag here?

[Edited for spamming to another board. Please see Advertising Information if you want to promote your forum here]

[This message was edited by BLFH (Ms. B) on September 01, 2003 at 03:59 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    I don't think its spam, lots of people have their sites in their sig, cjshoppingnetwork, flamingoworld, xtremeshopping.org etc. There's a place in your profile to put in your home page. When theres an affiliate ID in their sig to a merchant or something like that, then its kinda spammy.

"The successful man is the average man, focused."

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hi SeanT and Welcome to ABW.

As far as sigs go, from ABW TOS,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Signatures must not be greater than three lines of text and can not contain links to adult or offensive websites! You may choose to include a picture in your signature, but it must be an image no greater than 88x31 and non-animated. Affiliate Links are not allowed in signatures. Any signatures, that violate these rules will be deleted without notice and your signature right will be removed. ABESTWEB may allow merchants to have a larger signature for their full contact information.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your image does exceed the size limits, so should be resized to comply with the TOS.

However, considering that the link in your sig goes to a newly formed forum, and you say that you "have no idea what's going on here", it does come off as cross forum in an attempt to build membership in your forum. Something not tolerated very well here ABW and likely to lead to some flames.

This is a forum dedicated to affiliate marketing. Are you involved in affiliate marketing?

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

ABW Ambassador
    Oops, it is been reading his forum about him posting it lots of other forums with the link in his sig.

"I was envisioning eventually tagging brick walls with the logo in the city "

"I posted on a few other design sites that I participate on as well. I looked for reviews. Also, several political forums I'd just have the link in my sig. "

"anyone who has a printer, and wants this site to grow should be printing some of these out man....especially if you attend uni..find the political science dept...and go post crazy "

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I can't help myself ...I did a receprocal drive-by to break in his forum ... http://www.volconvo.com/forums/index...t=15&#entry569

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Thanks Trust..I saw the content was political in nature and ran real quick without reading anything.

Mike.... at that post.

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

ABW Ambassador
    That's a very funny post there, indeed.
    Thanks for making me laugh, Mike.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Was that post considered spam? I felt is was a subject starter to heat up meaningful discussions.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Mike I'll have to remember to recomend that as a post of the month here on ABW

I got my t-shirt
    Did I win the 200,000 post?
    Take care
    YouTrek.com

I hate

I hate spammers.

They are so bold, so brazen to think that others want to be exposed to their cr@p!

Or perhaps they're just rude, inconsiderate jerks who know others don't like but send it to them anyway!

Andy

By the way, nice pic Charlie! Is it recent?

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    ........... ( EC is still waiting for Charlie's ebook to come out ) ..............

A page a day keeps the creditors away.....

Delete this topic right now please. I hate communities that attack so easily, and try to condescend just because they're intimidated by a signature link.

Yes, you quoted me saying I was dreaming about tagging my name on a brick wall, but do you understand why? It's a political site devoted to change, and you know what? Change comes through awareness.

Now there are places and times to show this awareness, but you can't tell me that posting a signature with my personal logo on it is spam.

If you think so, you're probably not the type I'd ever want to be exploring my site, but unlike you I don't limit what my users do within reason.

I ask again to delete....I don't need to be attacked for such pathetic reasons..it’s like I put my site up and had a topic heading that said WAYS TO MAKE MONEY…give me a break, I came here with the intent of getting some incite on marketing. I’m glad I didn’t sign up for one of the paid memberships like I had inkling to do.

Peace.

ABW Ambassador
    Hey if anyone finds the paid membership can you point it out to me please? I'd love to donate in some way but I'll be hanged if I can find it.

DPG you mean you didn't pay???

Oh my!

You must be a special person then huh?

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    Don't worry! Tracking is infected!
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

ABW Ambassador

SeanT,

Increasing awareness is a good thing, but you should have increased your level of awareness about ABW's policies before posting. I know of lots of forums that don't allow logos in sig lines.

Follow the rules, be a good netizen, and you will cover more ground in bringing awareness to others.

Andy

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread