Boston MGH area question
    Need some help from the boston area dwellers. Are you guys familiar with the apartments near MGH in charles river park? Pros / cons would help me out.

Thanks!

I have never lived there in that building but just know that when I am sitting on storrow drive in traffic they have a big sign that says "If you lived here, you would be home by now..." or something like that....

So the pro is that you don't live too far from where there is lots of things happening, great for 4th of July, or any events at the hatch shell, (summer time there is Friday night flicks there by the water, free movies, music). Lots of activities, biking, walking, or jogging, Museum of Science around the there.. I think it's a great area if you are single or have no kids Close to North End (Italian section) too. Don't know much about the building itself but it's definitely not one of the newer ones around there.

Cons: If you have a car, it would be hard to find pahhking. But then if you do have a car, sell it and take the T. Everything is accessible via the train.

Thanks for the great info! You mentioned that it's not the newest building - know of any that are newer that are in the boston area - specifically beacon hill and back bay neighborhoods (or close by). I would like to avoid cambridge.
    Thanks!

All I can say is you'd better have deep pockets and a thick wallet lol. Same could be said for Cambridge, but why would you want to avoid Cambridge? Cambridge is vibrant and full of life. MGH area is just a bunch of buildings; it's not really a "neighborhood". Back Bay/Beacon Hill... now you're talking! But talking more $$$ too lol!

I would advise looking towards Newton, Belmont, or Watertown if you want to live in a nice neighborhood that's close to everything, that is, if you don't mind a 10-minute commute.

And as ladidah said... everything is accessible by train. In fact, most point A to point B combinations would take longer to go by car than on foot/subway.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Thanks david for the advise. We considered many options and based on our needs it seems that the beacon hill and back bay area are more suitable to our needs. Beacon Hill more so than back bay.

There are lots of new buildings/condos that have been built recently and a few ones going up in the area. Beacon Hill is more expensive, older, quaint, smaller houses/condos/appts and brickstones. Back bay, has more options, newer condos as well as the old. Close to Newbury St, larger Barnes and Nobles, lots of Starbucks, large grocery store on Boylston (can't remember name now) and basically a little more elbow room. Another area that not too many people know about is Bay Village, tucked between Back bay and South End. Also South End is now up and coming so if you still want to live in the city, but for it to be more affordable, look at these areas.

I would contact a Real Estate agent. They would be sooooo happy to hear from you . If you are looking to buy, nice condos can be anywhere from $900k to $2 mill. These are the ones that would have a private parking, sometimes concierge.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread