I attempted to convince a merchant to allow customized links. About a month later, he replied and said that they had put out some more banners, and asked what customized links were. I explained to him. Then another month later, he emailed to me today and asked me how to enable this option. (SIGH)

Can anyone help? Or any suggestion as to whom or which CJ department he should contact for an answer?

Thanks!

There is no one setting to allow for link redirects. Tell the merchant to open the edit link dialogue for a link that they would allow to be redirected and to check the box that reads "Allow link re-direction". If they want every link to be redirectable, they must do the same for every link separately. If you would like, tell the merchant to send me an e-mail for more info.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Business Development
    akiva@essentialapparel.com
    800-556-2937 ext 751
    www.essentialapparel.com

Thanks Akiva! I'll let the merchant know, and see if he can take it from there.

Outsourced Program Manager Paul Schroader's Avatar
    AT,

The "Allow link re-direction" option is not always showing up in the merchant's interface.

CJ has been made aware of this and I think they're working on it, now.

If this merchant is pro-actively communicating with CJ, then they should be able to activate this option.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Link redirection is not allowed for all advertisers. It is dependent upon the advertisers tracking integration. Gateway advertisers, for example, are typically not allowed to use link redirection. Most all generic tracking integrations are allowed to use redirection.

Client services would be happy to help any advertiser sort this out.

David Elam.

ABW Ambassador
    David . . . what's a "Gateway advertiser" and how do they differ from others?

Affiliate Network Rep
    A gateway advertiser is basically a company that performs their own tracking once the user lands on their site. They then report transactions back to CJ. They are typically the 0 day cookie advertisers who require the end user enter their site through a gateway, or entry point, in order for the advertiser to set their own cookies.

We prevent these advertisers from using destination urls or we require proof from them that they can handle redirection and still track.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    David ..is it true that only CJ can properly track sales for Yahoo storefront merchants??

WebMaster Mike

Thanks beenthere and David. I sent a subsequent email to the merchant, but judging from how long it takes for him to reply, by the time he gets around to do something may well be summer next year. Unfortunately, I just can't found another merchant to replace them.

To my surprise, the merchant replied already, but his reply was "I'm so confused", and asked me for my number so that we can discuss.

Good Lord, how would I know how to?

So, if anyone knows, please let me have the contact number and email address for CJ Client Services.

Thanks again.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread